87.) Sharp

(Cerastes PV)

We'll be fortunate if this banquet doesnt end in a bloodbath.

No one would touch Vihar but theres no guarantee the humans in the room are going to live through this meal. It might be beneficial if they dont.

Sending her away was ideal. She could have sat on my lap for the meal but the wing is the safest place for her tonight. Right now they are eating neatly and quietly conversing but it's only a matter of time.

The plates before Dante, Talon, and I lay empty. It was the natural order.
The higher ranked members of the group eat first, Vihar being a hatchling is excluded from this rule.  He was practically inside the chickens ribcage at this point.

A voracious appetite is good sign of growth.

When Vihar grew tired of his own plate he climbed on to the table in search of a new choice piece.

The dinner guests were more than pleased to offer him chunks off of their plates. He gained a few chuckles when he crawled and dragged a bone from the far end of the table and back to his seat with a look of accomplishment. The sounds of cutlery on plates and the low rumble of conversation dissapeared into the background. Moments passed by slowly.

Did she make it back to the wing yet? Her walking pace is slow, and she might be stopped along the way. I should have had Marrow come and take her back through the slave tunnels. The ones you raise are more reliable after all.

"How many of these rare females do you have stocked?" Cerastes heard the question and felt his ears twitch as if his name had been called. He was not allowed to look directly at anyone that was eating or it might be viewed as a sign of aggression.

His red eyes flicked to Dante.

"That is part of another matter that needs to be discussed." The high lord Kavern mentioned. He tapped a clawed finger on the table twice.

Finally.

Dante stood up from his seat and pulled out a long item wrapped in a blanket from beneath the table. He carried it delicately walking it from one end of the table to the other.

"This was discovered recently." The high lord gestured to the bundle in Dantes hands.

Dante unwrapped the cover to reveal a long sword. It shined as it caught the light.

"Have you begun to horde even human toys now." Tambora laughed. Many others at the table also found it humorous. It was no more dangerous than a butter knife to their thick skin.

Dante ran his forearm over the sharp edge of the blade and revealed a large cut that ran dark with his blood red but with a tint of green.

A few hisses erupted from the table.

"Pyros had a rare human farm not far from the city, reporting roughly one hundred heads. While he was hibernating the farm was attacked. Only one of the flock managed to survive and the humans that did it carried these new weapons." The high lord Kavern tossed a small towel off the table to his son.

Dante wiped away the trails of blood, the wound on his arm healed almost instantly but damage had been done. The guests were shocked at this development.

"This is unacceptable, how long have you kept this hidden?!" One exclaimed.

"A hundred head lost!" Tambora hissed. "You were sitting on a gold mine and you let a bunch of chattle!" His wings gusted the table. The anger in the room was palpable. Vihar hid under the table to distance himself from the blood lost.