71.) The Baby

***authors note*******
Hey all. Soo today's the day. This one was difficult to write since it is kind of important and I wont lie I do spend a ridiculous amount of time on mangakakalot.com and lightnovelpub.com so it took longer. anywhoooo hope you like it.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The thought of eating made me nauseous, but I still drank water often enough to be annoyed at having to pee. Pregnancy was terrible, I'm ready for it to be over. The constant sickness was suprizing, my skin is so dry its almost scaly in places. My tattoo has changed as well. It has climbed and crawled it's way up past my shoulder and over part of my neck and chest. White scales to match Cerastes red ones, proof of our good relationship.

I stared at the wooden door from the farthest point in the room. The cool rock wall was situated behind me. I had Cerastes move all the furniture since he wouldnt let me move it into a barricade. 
All furniture now acted as a barrier to the outside world. A few mattresses were added to the floor along with blankets and pillows, a gift from my father inlaw.

This was my place and it was very safe.

There was movement again from my stomach, it distracted me from my watch. Was it a hand or a foot that raked across the skin of my pregnant belly. I rubbed the spot that had protruded. Tempting the baby to do it again.

Cerastes was outside the door. hes been standing infront of that door more and more often as time passes.  Sometimes he stays in the room and stands infront of the door but he feels more at ease on the outside, keeping watch. Its as if he expects a beast to come rampaging through the door at any minute but I cant blame him I feel the same way. Was it his feelings seeping through the bond that rubbed off on me or mine on him?

At least he isnt pacing or scribbling anymore. I thought I was going to go insane from the sound. Even now thinking about the sound sends a weird shiver up my neck.

The pressure in my back comes and goes but it's still not time yet. A sound permeated the door and my head snapped to the direction I heard it from. It was the soft thumping of feet. My hearing focused in on the sound of steps, comming from down the hall. Not human.

My hearing had only improved with the pregnancy.  Even while bunkering down in this room, I could hear such a soft, far away noise. Maybe this is Cerastes's hearing, I felt Cerastes bristle through the bond, followed by a headache as my sight merged with his.
.......................................................
"What are you doing here!" Cerastes spat, not even attempting to hide his dislike.

"Such animosity" Talon tutted. Long loose dark hair swayed with each step. Intricate gold bands covered his claws like caps, and connected to his palm with tiny chains. He wore flowing robes of dark purple that exposed a long muscular brown chest.

His long pointed ears were decorated with intricate gold cuffs and the strong scent of wine rolled off of him.

"Did you forget your banned from this place?" Cerastes said stepping infront of the door, fangs visible. His outfit starkly less affluent by comparison. He wore no jewelry, only his black cropped pants. He crossed his arms and stood up straight.

"Look at that,the runt baring his fangs  at his betters. What confidence!" Talon said sarcastically. Placing his hand on his face in mock suprize. "I wont enter the den... today. Well it's of no consequence, when your experiment fails again not only will I get to play with your toy, you will be my toy. Just like the old days."

Cerastes growled a low warning. Red eyes stared into black ones. "Leave."

"I've come for an update. Father wants to be here when it happeneds." His chains jangled with his dramatic gesture pointing to the room.