8.) Dealing with Baggage

It was leaving day and the wooden wagons had not yet been loaded.

  Laurel had been left in charge of that task. She is a very organized person, which is great but she is also a perfectionist which is not.

I had already walked past her this morning to water the goats befor the sun came up and seen the she had loaded the cart the night before. And when I had brought the fluffies back in the early morning for shearing

everything was on the ground again.

By my calculations she had already loaded and unloaded all the supplies at least twice.

Everything that needed to packed was sorted into neatly seperated piles on the ground. I had sheared four goats for the occasion and bundled their wool into four tight bundles.

Which is more difficult than you would think.

"A couple more things for the pile." I said happily laying them on top of a barrel.

" Nooo! Why did you do that! Now I'm going to have to start all over." She squeeled. Her fingers were interlaced behind her neck and she walked in a circle. As if I had monumentally messed up and she was trying to control herself.

"Its fine, just use them as seat cushions until you get to the market." I said casually.

"No I already packed cushions for everyone, all of them have to match!" She yelled back, as if this was obvious.

" Your going to sell the wool when you get there! Nobodys going to know or care about whether they match your sitting coushions!" I yelled back.

"Its not your trip, I'm in charge so I get to pick what goes on the carts, and I dont want your smelly wool stinking everything up!" She yelled gesturing at all the things on the ground.

"The cushions your bringing are made of wool, we live in a village where we produce, what I cant remember,  OH YEAH ITs WOOL! If your future spouse doesnt like the smell of wool maybe he shouldn't marry into a family where he will have to live on a WOOL FARM!" I shouted angrily.

They might be smelly fluff goats but dammit they were my smelly fluff goats and I didnt like her attitude.

"You are SUCH a CHILD!" She screamed.

"Your thirty-eight years old and you started a screaming match with a twenty-five year old because I brought my siblings a gift! Your the child!" I screamed back.

"Whoa! whoa! whoa everybody just calm down!" Spruce ordered.  "Everything is gonna be fine and it's all going to work out."

" Laurel start packing everything, and I mean everything." He said, throwing her the pack off of his shoulder.

"Rowan, come over here and have a talk with me. Ceder hook the goats to the cart." Spruce said over his shoulder to his younger brother behind him.

I walked back to them, towing the goats behind me on their individual ropes to  where Ceder and Spruce stood several feet away. Ceder came forward and took the goats and I looked up at Spruce.

Spruse's eyes are such a dark brown that they appear black. His youthful appearance suggested that he is in his early thirties but in actuality hes somewhere in his mid sixties.

He looked down at me from his six foot height, his black braid reaching down to his waist. His hair swaying as he put one arm on his hip. Dissatisfied with my speed he reached out to pull me to him so that we stood side by side, facing away from Ceder and Laurel. He bent down so close I could feel his goatee on my face.

"I only gave her a gift for you guys to get some..." I began to explain quickly.

"I know, I know." He said, interrupting my explanation. "You know how she is, But Now I have to spend the next couple weeks with her and you got her all riled up beforehand."