"My husband belongs only to me, of course I'd be jealous if you started paying attention to other women."

"What a brave creature you are to say that you own one of the kin. I'm sure their is no other human that could say it and live."

"I'm sure their is no other kin who would take a human for a bond. What a pair we make." I winked.

"Is something wrong with your eye!?" He asked grabbing my head in both hands. His large hands smushed my face.

"Theres nothing wrong with my eye! I'm flirting with you." Why is he so clueless????

"This is flirting, what's the purpose of it?" He asked closing one eye.

I smacked myself in the face in disbelief. We had never had a reall in depth conversation about his previous partners but surely he wasnt...this ...this. ughhh?!?!!

"Was that also flirting. Hold on I'll make a note."

I hate the notes.

He sat at his wooden desk and dipped one claw into the ink well.
"Flirting is blinking with one eye what is the purpose?"

"To show that I'm playing and that I like you." I explained, it's just the hunger I'm not actually frustrated I'll feel better after I eat...BUT How am I already Married and not kissed yet! Isnt this out of order?!?! Theres a baby In there. "Its called winking."

"You just told me it was flirting." He scratched the paper.

"Kissing you is also flirting, touching you is flirting. I'm seducing you into liking me." I explained.

"So when you stripped naked in the carriage, that was also flirting?" He asked.

I layed my head into the pillow and screamed internally. I let out a muffled grunt and hoped he'd change the subject.

The maids returned and our conversation ended.

Looking at the maids closer two were much older and one was younger than me... most likely. It was difficult to discern ages when the people around you aged differently than others.

They left the meal on a tray on the bed and stood against the wall. It reminded me of the building in town.
Was this normal human behavior? Cerastes didnt seem bothered by them. He sat at his desk scratching out notes while I ate.

"Husband arient you going to eat?" I asked.

"To much to do. I have a few more errands to do then I'll sleep. If you need anything tell the maids." He said getting up from his desk.

"Alright. I'll see you soon." I yawned.

I looked at the three against the wall.

"Hello."

No response

This was just like the kitchen all over again.

"I'm Rowan." I introduced myself.

"I'd like to know your names, since well be spending time together."

"This one is called Dina," gestured to the youngest. "This one is called Nina, and I am Zin." The oldest one replied.
"We will be serving the young miss."

Zina hair was a blond streaked with grey. Her hands were somewhat wrinkled as well as her eyes. Green eyes looked down even when she spoke to me. Her hair was kept tidy in a bun that sat behind her neck.

The second woman had brown hair cut short around her head. Her body looked sturdy and wide. Broad shoulders and small hips. I couldnt see her face or the youngest ones face since they were constantly looking down.

The youngest was also blond and probably 10 pounds when wet. She was a wisp of a creature. Small wrists and a long kneck.

"Thank you for the meal." I said lifting the bowl to my mouth.

"The miss should not thank us. This is our job." Zina replied.
......

(5 months later)

(Cerastes)
The high lord and Cerastes had their weekly report in the throne room.

"Shes stopped eating?" The high lord asked. His sharp claws tapped lightly on the polished stone of the throne.

"Yes, it should be soon." Cerastes replied. "A week at the most."

"And Pyros has not returned?" The high lords dark brown eyes peered down into Cerastes red ones.

"Unfortunately he has not." Cerastes said standing in a position to show respect. "I apologize on his behalf."

"To miss the culmination of his lifes work, what could be more important?" The high lord said full of suspicion. "Could he be hiding something better?" The high lord was a greedy creature by nature. 

"Your guess is more than mine. I'm sure he will explain when he returns." Cerastes assured. During these last 5 months he had seen and spoken with his father more than he had in his entire life. Most of it was him being reminded over and over that he will be severely punished for wasting this opportunity should he fail, that his woman would be confiscated and given to someone more competent should the hatchling die or be deformed.

Cerastes remained unswayed. He would be successful. The constant changes the woman experienced gave him confidence. Growth, fetal movement, and no signs of spotting. Giving her blood every night had been successful, although it had caused a number of side effects.

"You have much to gain from this experiment but remember should you fail, the pet will be passed on to Dante, if it manages to live through this."

"And if I succeed I will receive full status as a family member. I have not forgotten." 

"Your becoming prideful before you have accomplished your task. Leave."

"The next we meet I'll congratulate you on your new title."

The high lord waived his hand as if to hurry him away. Gold sleeves glimmered with the gesture.