Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Angela’s POV

Here we were the three of us on the side walk.  All dressed so we wouldn’t be cold. Derrick and I, our eyes on Amanda.

‘So honey, where are we heading today?’ I asked Amanda.

She looked around and started walking without saying a word.  I had no idea where we were going, she brought us off the sidewalk and headed for the grass.

‘Amanda, we’re not sitting on the ground.’ I told her but she kept walking.

‘A little further there’s a park.’ Derrick informed me.

I looked at him a bit confused, was she bringing us to the park?  If so, that was a huge thing.  She had trouble being around other people and usually parks were full of kids and adults.

We kept walking for a few minutes with her still holding my hand.  When the park came into view Amanda stopped walking.

‘Do you want to go see the park?’ I asked her.

I felt her squeeze my hand a litter tighter, her way of telling me she was nervous or scared.

I lowered myself so I was face to face with her.

‘We can go and see.  Your dad and I won’t leave your side, I promise.’ I told her.

She looked at me then back at the park.  I could tell she was curious but at the same time, if she could run full speed in the other direction she would.

I couldn’t imagine what was going through her head.  From never going outside, not even once while we were at Jesse’s and now, having to go out everyday because I was forcing her to.

Living life always surrounded by walls, wasn’t a life.  It was possible but, to live a full life you had to try different things, even the things we weren’t to sure of or even scarred to.

‘Okay.’ I heard Amanda tell me.  I smiled at her and nodded my head.

I stood back up and looked at Derrick.

‘Park it is.’ I told him.  He smiled and we slowly made our way towards the park.

As we got closer I could see a couple of kids and a few adults.  With each step we took, Amanda was squeezing my hand more and more.

I looked at her and she was staring at the park, almost like she was walking towards her death.

‘You’re doing good.  I promised remember, we not going anywhere.’ I assured her.

She looked up at me with scared eyes.  I wasn’t sure if we should stop or keep going.