Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Angela’s POV

Monday morning…

I was sitting in the living room alone slowly drinking my coffee when I heard the bedroom door open.

‘Mommy?’ I heard Amanda say loudly.

‘I’m in the living room.’ I said back.

I heard her little feet hit the floor as she ran towards the living room.

‘Hi.’ I said when I saw her.

She looked around the room, like she expected someone else to be here.

‘Why are you in here?’ She asked me.

‘I wanted to be comfortable and relax while I drank my coffee.’ I told her.

‘Can I try?’

‘Try…what my coffee?’ I asked her.

She nodded her head and came closer.

‘Sorry baby, no.  You’re too young to drink this stuff.  You can have some milk if you want.’ I told her.

After a few seconds she finally answered, ‘yes please.’

She didn’t seem too happy with my answer but I let it go.

I put my cup down on the table and went to fix her a cup of milk.

I heard her make some noise so I walked back to see what she was doing.  She had this disgust look on her face with my cup of coffee in her hands.

I watched her as she spit back what was in her mouth into my cup.

She hadn’t seen me watching her but finally spoke up when she placed my cup back where I had put it.

My guess was she was hoping I wouldn’t notice.

I was just happy it wasn’t to hot anymore plus with the milk and sugar in it, helped to cooled it off.

I cleared my throat and she turned around really fast.

‘So…what did you think?’ I asked her.

She stuck her tongue out and wiped it on her pajama shirt, then looked at me, ‘It’s yucky.’

I laughed, and walked back toward the kitchen to finish her milk.

When I was done with her cup, I turned and she was standing close so I gave her the cup.

She drank the first few sips pretty fast, which made me want to laugh again.