Runaway Bride

Copyright © 2012 Chantal Fredette

All rights reserved.

******

Runaway Bride

**This story is fiction, it's not real. If there are similarities by true event, it's by chance. This story was made-up by my imagination, and again...it's not real.**

Chapter 1

Derrick's POV

'You better be sobered up by morning, no one wants to see you throw-up in the church.' Alain said to Frank.

'Yeah, because if you do, I'll probably follow.' Said James.

'I'm just so happy.' Justin, my brother said coming towards me.

'Ok? Why so happy?' I asked him holding in my laughter.

'Because, I'm your best man.' He said getting closer. 'Let me give you a hug?' he asked me with a big smile.

'Um, sorry bro, but no.' I said to him.

All my boys were drunk except for me. I didn't want to drink, I had my bachelor party the week before and I didn't want to be hung over or still drunk during the ceremony. I wanted to marry the love of my life and not feel like I was going to throw up. It just didn't have the right ring to it.

'Ok! Boys, go to your room, I need to sleep because I won't be doing much of it tomorrow night.' I told them smiling.

They all smiled back and some laughed.

'Alright!' Frank said trying to get up but having some trouble.

I walked over to Alain, who seemed to be the less drunk out of all of them, 'Hey I know all your rooms are pretty close so can you make sure my brother and Frank make it to their rooms? James doesn't look to bad but...do you mind?' I asked him.

'Yeah our rooms are on the same floor. I'll make sure they get to their rooms but I am not putting them to bed.' He stated.

'I didn't think you would.' I answered him laughing.

'Let's go!' Alain said to the three of them.

'I'll see you tomorrow at the alter.' Justin said to me.

I gave him a look and said: 'You're going in there with me and beside me. Remember?' I asked him.

'Oh yeah, I know.' He said to me getting up.

I rolled my eyes, 'So, see you boys tomorrow. Before you come up, call.' I said to them.

'Sounds good, see you later.' Alain said.

'Alright bye.' I told them as they went through the door.

Justin waved me bye so I waved back and laughed. I closed my door and started picking up a little bit before calling my future wife.

I picked up the used cups and closed the bottle of JD, putting it on the little counter I had. I sat on the bed and dialed Angela's room number.

'Hello?' She asked, sounding half asleep.

'Hey babe, were you sleeping?' I asked her smiling. I could just picture her in bed with the covers over her head.

'Maybe.' She said.

I laughed. 'Sorry, I won't talk to you long. I wanted to say goodnight and I'll see you tomorrow.'

'You don't have to let me go, you know.' She said.

'I don't plan on it.' I told her but knowing she was referring to our phone conversation.

'Ha ha. You're funny. How was your night with the boys?' she asked.