Chapter Eleven- The best things in life are spontaneous

Start from the beginning

“Think of it as an adventure.” He jokes and then winks at me.

“Great.” I mutter sarcastically, but Niall laughs quietly, signalling that he heard me. “Let’s go right.” Niall nods, but then drags me down to the left road and I sigh. “Niall... I’m your girlfriend.”

“I know, Lennox.” Niall mocks me with seriousness, even though he was still smirking at me. “And I just want... us to end up somewhere where we didn’t originally want to go. So if you say right, we go left, and we do it all entirely in the moment.”

“Spontaneity. I like it.” I tell him, swinging our arms as we continue walking down the roads, swerving in turns, or turning around and going down a different road. And after about two hours of walking around, Niall finally stopped.

“Let’s go in there.” He points to a paintballing range and I shake my head, pulling him backwards, but Niall stays still, a thoughtful look on his face when he looks between the paintballing place and me.

“Niall it’s 1 in the freaking morning, no one’s even going to be there! Please Niall, it will hurt.”

“Don’t moan babe.” Niall tells me, placing his lips on my cheeks before shooting me a puppy dog look.

“I’m wearing heels and a dress!”

“Yes, you’re a classy lady when paintballing.” Niall replies quickly, he just was not going to give in.

“Fine.” I groan, walking towards the paintballing place, it won’t even be open anyway. Niall takes the lead, going towards the door and ringing the doorbell. No answer.

“Oh no!” I exclaim dramatically, “I guess we can’t go paintballing, can we?” I smirk at Niall, confident that we were not going to go paintballing now. “And it was going to be so much fun!” Niall chuckles and I turn around, not expecting the door to be open, a man stood there in a dressing gown.

“Yes?” He asks, peering at us both.

“Hi, can we have two for paintballing please.” Niall asks, and the man opens his mouth to give us a snarky remark about it being an ungodly hour, “Also, I’ll play you triple the normal price, with a tip.” The man’s mouth closes. Please do not fall under his charm, please don’t care about the money, please let us leave-

“You got yourself a deal.” The man opens the door wide enough for us to get through.

“Lennox, just think, you’re probably the only girl in the world whose first date was paintballing at midnight in a foreign country.” Niall tells me. He did have a point.

“Put these on, whilst I get changed.” The man throws us two army jumpsuits, looking down at my heels he goes back into the cupboard and throws two pairs of army boots on the floor in front of us. We change back to back, and I put on the smelly jumpsuit, smelling damp and mud.

“Lennox, the best things in life are spontaneous.” Niall tells me, kissing my forehead. “Now let’s take a picture, I want to remember this date forever.” He pulls out his phone, snapping a picture of us cuddled in our army suits. Then my phone buzzes, and I know that he has tweeted it.

@NiallOfficial: The best things in life are spontaneous. @LennooxByrnesss twitpic.aslifhidsfkb

I retweet it and save the picture in my phone, then look back up to Niall, who was watching me, immediately making my cheeks blush.

“You are so adorable.” Niall says, placing his hands on my glowing cheeks and kissing me on the nose.

“Right, are you two ready?” The man asks and we nod. He opens up another door, and now we are outside, and he goes towards a store cupboard, inside were various guns, paintballs, and helmets.  “You’ll need these.” He hands us both helmets, “These.” He hands us a pot of paintballs that attaches to the guns. “And these.” He then hands us both a gun, I attach the pot-thing and Niall looks down at the helmet.