Chapter Twenty-Six: Thinking of You

“Dad!” I scream as my dad walks through the stage door and I run towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck as he spins me around.

“Hey Lennie.” He whispers into my ear, hugging me, as we stand there in front of everyone, just hugging. I haven’t seen him for months. “I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you too.” I whisper, closing my eyes and just breathing him in.

I was definitely a daddy’s girl.

We pull out of the hug, and my dad looks behind me, at Niall.

“Dad, this is Niall, he’s my boyfriend.” I wrap my arms around his arms, leaning my head on his shoulder.

“Niall?” My dad repeats, looking uncertainly between us.

“Niall, this is my dad, Nigel Byrnes.” I tell Niall and Niall holds his free hand happily, which my dad takes.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Niall tells him and my dad nods.

“What happened to Max?” My dad asks, ignoring Niall.

“Umm.” I say, why was my dad asking about my ex-boyfriend, with my current boyfriend stood next to me? “We broke up in the summer.”

“That’s a shame.” My dad says, and then looks behind when I’m about to send him a glare. “Anyway, Lennox I’d like to introduce you, finally, to Julia and Becca.” Up walks two stunning women.

The first, wearing a long red dress, way too formal for a concert, and holding onto a pair of prada sunglasses.

The second, tight high-waist hot pants and a blue crop top, to pull it off wearing, granted, not much make-up, but a bored expression on her face. She was blonde.

“Lennox, is it? Oh, I’m so excited to finally meet you.” Julia talks in a voice you hear in Chelsea, sort of a difference seeing how we’re in Manchester.

“Nice to meet you to.” I say through gritted teeth, watching her put her hands all over my dad.

“And this is Becca.” My dad says, but Becca does not respond to the mention of her name, still typing away on a blackberry, with a look of loathing on her face.

“Bexsie.” Julia nudges Becca and she looks up to smile, oh no, not at me, but at Niall.

“You’re Niall Horan.” She points at him, towering over him with her heels on. Niall, the gentleman he is, holds out his hand and Becca takes it, shaking it furiously.

“Yeah, I’m Lennox’s boyfriend.”

“You’re in One Direction.” She repeats, still holding onto his hand. Niall nods, pulling away from the handshake and putting his arm around my waist. As if to show the girl who was looking at him as if he were a piece of meat that he was taken. By her step-sister.

*

“She’s horrible!” I shout on the tour bus. Niall was still on there, his arm wrapped around my shoulder as we tell Zayn and Perrie our experience with my family. “She asked Niall for his number! When he’d mentioned me a billion times!”

“Did she talk to you?” Perrie asks and I shake my head.

“Not once.” I bite my lip to stop myself, but I continue bad-mouthing Becca. “It was always so  Niall, you must have a lot of money to spare, oh, Niall, what toned arms you have. Oh Niall-“

A hand is clamped over my mouth and Niall pecks a feathery peck on my forehead.

“I think they get the point.” Niall jokes and both Perrie and Zayn laugh. I snuggle further into Niall’s chest, using my nose to tickle his ribs.