Chapter Twenty-Five: Syco, touring and Niall

I woke up alone, one week after my birthday. I was in a hotel room missing home, and missing Niall. I was now doing last-minute promotions before I started the tour with the girls from Little Mix. I haven’t spoken to Niall for five days, and I was already started to feel alone, a lonliness I’d never felt before.

Niall wouldn’t understand, he’s got the boys, they’re going through the same things he is at the exact same time. I’m by myself, with a manager who’s controlling, and Justin just doesn’t seem to have time to talk with me anymore.

I am alone.

Incoming Call: Unknown

I hesitantly answer the phone, bringing it to my ear.

“Hello?”

“Hello, is this Lennox Byrnes?” A woman asks into the phone.

“Yes?” I reply and the woman soon tells me something I never thought I’d ever hear.

“This is the office of Mr Simon Cowell. He hears that you happen to be in the area and he would very much like to set up a meeting with you.”

Holy crap.

“Urm. Yeah?”

“What time would be best for you?” The woman asks with her prim voice that was ideal for a telephone voice.

“Any time?” I reply, unsure why THE Simon Cowell wants a meeting with me...

“How about 1 o’clock?” I look down at my gold watch that I received from Liam and Dani for my birthday, I had an half an hour... that was perfect.

“Perfect!” I reply.

“Great. Have a nice day.”

“Yeah, goodbye.”

As soon as the PA had hung up, I threw the phone onto the bed and went towards my suitcase in the corner, which I had refused to unpack. I pulled out dress after dress, all crumpled from being rushed and pushed into my suitcase at the last minute.

“Shit.” I curse out loud. Maybe I can just wing it and turn up casually? I grab some brown tights and black shorts, pulling on Niall’s blue Oklahoma city jumper over the top of my vest top and grab one of the lads’ beanies that I had managed to steal. I pull my hair into a bun, making some of my hair fall down in ringlets, and put the beanie on. Then I apply my make-up, adding bright red lipstick to my lips and pull on my green converses that Harry got me for Christmas.

I put my phone and purse inside my handbag and open the door to my hotel room, just as Emma was about to knock on the very same door.

“You look nice, going somewhere?” She asks, walking into my tidy room.

“Yep, I’m meeting a friend, and I’m already late... so I’d better be going now.” I tell her, walking out into the hallway of the hotel.

“But we have an interview in 3 hours!” Emma shouts after me.

“I’ll be done by then! Don’t worry!” I roll my eyes at my manager and pray to God I can get to Simon Cowell’s office in time.

 I get in my private car and tell the driver where to take me, and I know that he’s itching to ask me why I’m going to Simon Cowell’s office, when I’m not even signed to him.

We get there in about ten minutes, and I breath slowly, watching the building as I walk in. Why does he even want to talk to me? I don’t understand.

“Hi, Lennox Byrnes, I’m here to see Mr Cowell?” I ask the receptionist, and when she looks up, she looked shocked to see me.

“Yes, h-he’s expecting you.” She tells me and I nod, walking towards the door that she had pointed at . “I’m a big fan by the way!” She shouts after me, and I nod, smiling broadly at her.