Peter Parker- Broken Heart Part 3

"Morning I fell the lunch ladies and Michelle, who are sitting at a table and reading and gossiping.

"Morning" they chorus as I head to the kitchen, seeing Peter isn't here. I unlock my phone and get on my Spotify, turning on a playlist.

Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd comes on first and I smile to myself as I start cleaning some of the dishes. A few songs later Peter shows up and starts washing some of them with me as we listen to the music. It's been a week since we started this and it's been... rough. We haven't spoken yet and first thing we have to do when we all get home is or homework that they've given our parents and guardians weekly. I do more than I need to do that it'll be easier for the next day.

We hear the bell ring a few different times as a couple periods pass. I reach down under the water for a plate or something but instead I feel a sharp prick. I hiss as I pull my hand out of the water.

"Are you okay?" Peter instantly asks looking at me.

"Yeah I'm fine" I wave it off and clutch my hand.

"I just need a bandaid" I mumble as I exit the area.

"I'll be back I'm going to get a bandaid" I tell he lunch ladies and they nod. I walk through the hallway until I get to the nurses office and grab a waterproof bandaid. I place it over my finger and throw the wrapping away.

"Having fun trying to steal my boyfriend?" Liz asks as she carries a bag of trash.

"Actually I haven't talked to him for a week" I say as I turn.

"Good. You don't deserve him" she says and I sigh.

"Actually you don't deserve him" I whisper as I enter he cafeteria and back to the dishes.

"Y/N can we talk?" Peter asks.

"Peter it would be best if we just... didn't" I mumble.

"I'm sorry" he says and I shake my head.

"Peter you have literally nothing to be sorry about. You can't help who you like" I say and he looks down.

"Liz was rude to you. It was an instinct that you slapped me. You didn't mean it, I should've had grabbed your wrist" he says and I sigh.

"Peter. Don't you dare apologize" I say and he looks at me.

"But-"

"Peter don't. It was my fault for going off on you" I say, turning to the dishes and cleaning a plate.

"Can we be friends again? I miss having Star War marathons together. I miss ordering pizza and throwing pepperonis at each other. I miss falling asleep sprawled out in your room. I miss waking up at 3 in the morning and watching George Lopez while we eat ice cream" he says and I avoid his eyes.

"Peter I don't think that would be good" I say and he moves.

"Okay. Yeah, good thinking" he says quietly and I feel guilt fill me as I gulp, blink back the tears as I clean some forks and spoons.

We continue that day with no talking. No laughing and cracking jokes like we used to do, nothing. Silence.

_____

"Y/N! I haven't seen you in forever! Are you still in your fight? Peter isn't home" May says and I nod.

"I know. That's why I came over now" I say and push a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Oh. Well come in" she ushers me in and shuts her door behind me.

"I came to bring back some of Peter's things that I found in my room" I smile and she nods.

"You can set it in his room" she says and I nod. I walk to his room and twist the handle, walking in to be met with the familiar smell.

I set the box on his bed and look around. I look at some pictures on his desk and look through them. There's some of Liz, some of Ned, Michelle, May, Tony, Happy, and me. I sit on his bed as I slowly open the box, taking out some of he objects as I place them on his bed, reaching the bottom to pull out the memory book of mine.

I don't remember putting this in?

I open in and flip through a few pages, begging met with a picture of Peter and I. We are at Ned's house and Peter is seeing how many books he can stack on my head. I look through some of the pictures with a sad smile. I wipe my eyes carefully before putting the objects back into the box, holding the memory book and I stand up. I go to walk out of his room before backing up and setting the book under his pillow. I walk out and tell May goodbye before heading up two floors to my apartment.