Peter Parker-Daddy Issues

Inspired by Daddy Issues by The Neighborhood.

A/N this has to do with daddy issues, no pun intended-okay maybe.

"Be sure to do the homework, and have a good day!" The teacher says and I start putting my stuff in my book, standing up.

"Hey" Peter rushed over as I exit the room and I smile.

"Hey" I say as I unlock my locker.

You see, Peter and I are good friends. He lives in the apartment below mine. We met when one day when I was seven I climbed down the fire escape and knocked on his window. He let me in and we begin playing with his toys until May came in and saw me. She was very confused and worried. She asked me where I came from and she took me back to the apartment, much to Peter and I's dismay. Ever since then we've been close friends and often use he fire escape to get to each other's rooms.

"What are you doing tonight?" He asks and I shrug.

"Mom said she invited you and May for diner" I say and he nods.

"That she did" he smiles as I lick my locker and we begin walking out of the school.

••••

"Im home!" I call out as I enter the apartment. I go into my room and toss my backpack on the ground before walking into the living room, seeing someone I didn't think I would see in a long time.

"Dad?" I ask and he stands up.

"There's my baby girl" he says and hugs me. I awkwardly pay his back.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, emotions filling me.

"Ahh we can cut the chit chat till later" he waves it off.

"Y/N why don't you head down to grab May and Peter?" She asks and I nod, running out of the place and down the stairs.

Why is he here?

I knock on their door and May opens it, Peter rushing out.

"M-mom ready" I say.

"Are you okay? You're not your usual bubbly optimistic self" May says and I sigh.

"I'm just.. I don't know. My emotions are kind of everywhere. My.. dad is in the apartment" I say and she looks back at Peter and he shrugs.

••••

"So..." May trails off as we all sit at the table, eating.

"How do you guys know each other?" My father asks and mom smiles.

She starts explaining the story as I slightly push my plate away, not hungry.

Peter notices and grabs my hand under the table, giving it a soft squeeze making me slightly smile.
Everything just feels off with him here.

"And you just let her roam the fire escape? That's not very safe" he says and I glare slightly at him.

"Well maybe if you were actually here when I was growing up maybe I wouldn't have been left unattended in the first place" I reply harshly.

"Y/N" mom says and I look down.

"Well I guess now is the best time for the news than ever" mom quickly changed the subject, then both standing.

"Y/N, we are moving to Alabama!" They both exclaim.

"What?" I ask, not processing it all.

"In a week we are going to move into a lovely house, you have a bigger room" my father says and I stand up.

"Why the hell do we have to move?" I ask.

"Because your father and I are going to be getting married and we don't want to live in such a crowded place" she says.

"That's bull shit!" I exclaim.

"Don't talk to your mother that way" my father says and I glare at him, pointing at him.

"No. You don't eat to tell me what to do!" I yell.

"You haven't been there for me for the past 13 years besides occasional making an appearance when I was younger!" I yell, my eyes filling up.

"You weren't there for me! You weren't there for me when I was growing up! You didn't help me learn how to ride a bike, o-or come to my first school musical-or chorus concert! You didn't come to my first decathlon contest! You didn't come help when mom was low on financing when she lost her job! You don't get to stand there and fucking tell me hot o act or what to do!" I tell, tears running down my face.

"I'm here now" he says and I clench my teeth, scoffing.

"Yes because I really need you now. I'm not moving with you guys" I say, a sob leaving my mouth as I storm out of the room with nothing but my phone. I run down the stairs and down the sidewalk of the cold, snowy street as I choke down a sob. I hear shouts as I begin walking, getting tired and wore out from crying and the cold.

"Y/N" peters familiar voice fills my ears as I look up at him. I don't say anything, just letting myself fall into his arms.

"I'm so sorry" he whispers into my hair that's covered with snowflakes.

"You're the only person in my life that's not hurt me, Peter. Along with May. Ned tripped me that once, I'll never forgive him" I joke, trying to make myself happier.

"No, don't make jokes, don't try and act like you're happy and fine and dandy. I know you're not" he pulls away and wipes away some tears from under my eyes.

"I'll always be here for you" he says and I wrap my arms around his neck, burying my head in his chest.

"Do you want to stay at my place tonight?" He asks and I nod, sniffling.

"Y-yeah" I say and cough slightly.

"Oh god you're getting sick" he mutters

"I'm fine" I say and he takes his sweatshirt off and slides it on me.

"Peter yo-you're going to get cold" I say and he just wraps his arms around me.

"I don't mind" he says, wrapping his arms around my thighs and lifting me and I wrap my legs around his waist and lay my head on his shoulder.

This isn't weird. When I get sad he usually carries me like this because it's easier than walking slowly for me and it keeps him a little warm.

"I think she's almost asleep" Peter says quietly as I feel warmth surrounding me.

"The poor girl" I hear May say before some hair is removed from my face as May's perfume fills my nostrils.

"She's lucky to have you, you know" May says and Peter shifts me.

"I know" he says before I feel myself being laid down, a blanket covering me as I hear a click and notice it being darker.