Peter Parker-Save As Draft

So I take a deep breath and I save as draft.

"Hey Ned" I say as his face pops up on my screen.

"Hey!" He calls out, another face popping up.

"Hey Y/N!" Peter says and I wave with a smile.

"You should come over and hang out" Ned says.

"Ahh I can't" I lie, I was planning on coming over.

"Why not?" Peter friend and my heart aches to tell him the truth.

"Babysitting the neighbors kids" I say and he nods, frowning.

"Ahh stop growing you're gonna make me cry" I jokingly pout into the screen, his face immediately lightening up and smiling.

We talk for a bit more before I decide to go to bed, hanging up and turning my light out, staring at my ceiling and just thinking for a while.
Thinking about him.
The same boy that makes my heart race when I see his smile, my face break into a smile when he laughs, and the same boy that makes my face what yo by a simple compliment or brush of his skin against mine.

_____

"Hey Y/N" Peter's familiar voice makes me look to my right as Peter grins.

"Hey Pete" I smile, shutting my locker.

"Nice shirt" he compliments and I look down to see my shirt with the Eiffel Tower.

"Thanks" I smile, my face beating up.

"Are you okay? You're burning up" he says, placing his hand on my forehead.

Oh god Peter, you don't know what you're doing to me.

"Yeah-yeah I'm fine" I say, him laying his hand down.

"Hey Peter" Liz says, coming over and kissing his cheek.

She begins talking to him before turning to me.

"Hey Y/N" She says before tugging Peter away, making me sigh.

"Y/N" MJ says and I nod.

"I know I know" I sigh.

"But I can't" I tell her and she sighs, shaking her head.

"He deserves to know your feelings for you" Ned jumps in.

"No he doesn't, it'll just mess things up for him" I say.

"Maybe, but he should know now before something happens" Flash jumps in, us all looking at him.

"What?" He asks and I raise my eyebrows.

"It's obvious! I'm just.. saying" he says before walking off.

"I'll think about it" I tell the two before shifting my backpack strap onto my backpack nervously, walking away.

_____

"I'm gonna do it" I mumble, looking at the send button by the message that I've typed so many times before.

"I can do this" I say, closing my eyes and sending the message.

"Look I've typed this message a million times before because I know it'll affect us. I like you. Or sorta love? I don't know what love it 🤷🏽‍♀️ but I really like you. I'm sorry"
Read ✔️

I quickly drop my phone into my bed, getting out of the chat and holding my head in my hands, letting warm tears come out of my eyes.

"Why did I do this?"