Imagine #71: Happy Valentine's Day

Start from the beginning

"I know! They won't stop," you say, "Wait, let's save the questions for the show! I'm to excited and a little nervous. It's been a while since I've done this."

"You mean, it's been a while since you've done this without Hunter," she says sadly. It was true. You missed Hunter terribly, but he was fulfilling his duty to his country.

"Yeah..." You mumble and she slowly nods.

"It's okay. Cheer up, you have the twins and me. We're here for you. Even the crew."

"Thanks, Ellen," you say before thanking him again. She goes onto the stage to wave to the cheering crowd. A small smile creeps onto your face. This was the crowd that Hunter loved to hear every night at his showing. The screaming fans that supported him as much as you did. Half a hour passes by before you realize that it's your turn to go on stage.

"Please welcome my beautiful best friend, (Y/N) Hayes! She obviously learned from the best," Ellen says as she pretends to move her long hair off her shoulders. She always seem to know how to put a smile on your face, "She's my favorite person to scare."

"Oh don't even go there!" You exclaim recalling all of the memories of Ellen scaring you. There was one time where she scared you in the bathroom and another when you were at the store, but that one didn't end well. Hunter had been there and he thought that she was a guy that was flirting with you.

"You know it's funny! Anyways, so I heard you and the twins were in Florida a few weeks ago. How was it for them?"

"Well, it was quite exciting really--"

"You know she loves her kids because her eyes light up and she won't stop smiling," Ellen says which sends you and the crowd into fits of giggles, "She even turns red in the face because I'm pointing all of this out. Sorry, continue."

Ellen says laughing and you nod, but continue talking, "Harry was excited to see Cinderella and Ella was excited to see Peter Pan. I have to admit, I was excited to see--Oh! You have pictures."

"Some are from your Instagram and the others were from when we followed you around."

"Followed me?" You ask and she starts laughing.

"No, no, no! I wouldn't do that." Ellen whispers before making some weird face. The interview continues for a good while with laughs and chuckles along with some confusion here and there.

"Mommy!" Harry sobs as he runs toward you with tears running down his cheeks. You quickly get up from where you're sitting and run towards him with Ella close behind him, "Mommy!"

"Annabella, what happened?" You ask your daughter and she looks at you and Harry confused. You look up to see Melissa standing in the corner shrugging. She didn't know what was happening either, "Harry, what's wrong? You gotta tell me what happened, baby."

"Daddy," he says through his sobs and the crowd does a depressing awe, "Where Daddy?"

Harry had a bad dream and it was always the same one. It was a dream where he would see Hunter leaving in a green uniform with a suitcase. Harry knew that his father wasn't going on tour. Harry was much smarter than that. It hurt to see little Harry like this and Annabella was on the verge of tears. She missed Hunter too, but she tried to stay strong to keep Harry from crying. He was much more sensitive than she was.

"Harry," you begin to say as you try to sallow your own years, "Daddy's working. He'll be back soon."

Harry shakes his head and Annabella is crying too, "Ellen, can we do this another time? I need to take them home."

"Hold on," Ellen says before kneeling down beside Harry and Annabella, "Harry, Ella, do you know what day it is?"

The twins shake their head and she slowly nods, "It's Valentine's Day. It a special day where you can tell someone you love them. I wanna give you a present because I love you so much. I also heard that we have a birthday babies! You'll be turning six tomorrow! So, here's my Valentine's Day and birthday present to you."

Melissa comes out with three small boxes. She hands one to each of the twins and you before leaving the stage, "Open it."

Ella slowly opens the box to reveal a beautiful necklace. She hugs Ellen and thanks her for the gift. Harry looks at the small box confused, but still thanks Ellen. She lets out a small chuckle and he's even more confused than ever. You open your box to reveal a necklace similar to Annabella's and you mimic your daughter's actions by thanking Ellen as well.

"Harry, you have to open your present now," Ellen says before she helps him open the box. There's a red button inside of it and he's confused as to why he didn't get some kind of necklace or something of the sort. He shakes the box hoping something will fall, but nothing happens. Instead he sits on the ground with his legs crossed with the box in his small hands, "Use this finger to push it."

Ellen helps him press the button and nothing happens. He looks up at you and he's about to cry again. You were starting to get a little mad at Ellen. She knew that Harry missed Hunter and that he was upset already, why did she have to make it worse? "Mommy."

"Push it again, baby." You say encouraging him to try again. Maybe something went wrong. Again nothing happens, "One more time."

He pushes it a third time and nothing happens. Harry is silently sobbing but someone picks him up. He lets out a scream and you about to hit whoever just picked up your son.

"Daddy!" Annabella exclaims. She had seen enough pictures to recognize her fathers, "Daddy!"

It couldn't possibly be Hunter. There's no way. He would have come home before coming here to a show, "Daddy!"

"Hey Harry!" He says before kissing his baby boy on the cheeks a couple of times. Hunter puts Harry down and picks up Annabella, doing the same as he had done to Harry, "Hey Bells."

"Daddy!" was the only thing the twins could say. The crowd was crying and clapping with excitement. Hunter finally puts Annabella down before turning all of his attention to you. You can't help but run into his arms. He spins you around in the air like some cliché film. There are whistles, sniffles, and sobs being heard in the crowd.

"I missed you so much!" You says before hugging him, "I'm so glad you're home. Don't ever leave again."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he says crying onto your shoulder, "I love you."

"I love you too." You say before kissing him. It's been two years since you've kissed him. His lips haven't changed at all, except that they are a little rough, but still gentle to touch, "I love you! I love you! I love you!"

"Harry," Ellen says as she picks up your brunette curly haired green-eyed baby boy, "do you still want a toy car as a present?"

Harry quickly shakes his head and points to Hunter, "That my p-weh-zent."

*****************************************

"I can't believe you're home! It feels like a dream," you say as Hunter pulls you close to him.

"Me either. I'm glad I'm home though. I'm upset with myself that I made Harry go through that," he whispers softly, "I didn't mean to hurt him."

"He'll understand one day. He's a smart boy. He loved his present. Thank you."

"You three were my present, even Cappuccino. I was gonna come home as soon as I got off the place, but Ellen saw me. She thought it would be best to surprise you for Valentine's Day."

"Surprise she did. She did well. I'll have to thank her again," you say with a small laugh, "It was an amazing surprise. We loved it. The two of you made it super special and I'm glad I can celebrate with you, Harry, Ella, and Cappuccino. Happy Valentine's Day, Hunter."

"Happy Valentine's Day, (Y/N)."