Requested Imagine #76: Jennie

Imagine that you're watching this from Hunter point-of-view. It's your birthday and there's something special happening today. His thoughts will be in italics.

She's beautiful. She always has been and always will be. She's my best friend. I've been in love with her ever since I met her and she's always be there for me. I've told her that I love her, but I think that she only thinks that I love her as a friend. I'm waiting for her to go golfing, something she hated doing. Golf was her least favorite activity in the world. I waited in the kitchen for a dirty blonde-haired girl with hazel eyes to come downstairs from my room. She was currently in my room with my mother, speaking about God's knows what. My parents and her parents know exactly what I intend on asking her today.

"She'll be down in a second, Hunter," my mother says as soon as she sees me by the kitchen counter, "She needed to grab something." I nod my head and give her a smile.

"I'm a little nervous," I murmur and she chuckles.

"I know you are, but she'll say yes. I know it--"

"How do you know?"

"I just know," she responds with a smirk, "I know don't know how I know, but I know. Don't be nervous, just be you. Just be your normal goofy self and you'll be fine."

"What if she says no?"

"Have some faith, boy," she says before turning her back towards me to make something delicious to eat, "Just don't be nervous."

Nervous. How can I not be be nervous? I'm asking my best friend an important question. I mean, it's a life changing question. She could easily reject me because she knows that she deserves better than me, but I know nobody will love her as much as I do. I'm sure of that. She's my everything and I would do anything to make her happy. Even if it means nothing being able to be with her.

"Stop being nervous," Mama repeats and I know that my nervousness has rubbed off on her, "You're making me nervous for no reason."

"Um, I'm ready whenever you are." We both turned to the sound of the angelic voice. There she was. My best friend. This was the girl I was in love with. We shared so many memories, both good and bad, but mostly good.

"Let's go," I say taking her hand and entwining our fingers. This feels right. She makes me feel whole.

"Be back by ten." My mother yells after me and I nod signaling her that we would be back by then. My mother was always the one for curfews.

"Where are we going?" Jennie asks and I shake my head, "Please, tell me. Mama wouldn't tell me either."

"Good. I'm gonna keep it like that," I say and she pouts, "Pouts aren't cute, ma'am, and neither is the silent treatment."

"How on earth did you know I would do that?"

"I'm the only person who knows that you do that, silly girl." I say and she laughs before resting her head against the window, "Well, I'll give you a hint to where we're going because you're pretty."

"Would you still tell me if I wasn't pretty?"

"Pretty or not, I'd tell you." But you're not just pretty. You're beautiful and you're everything I need, "We've been to this place before."

It'd take her forever to figure out where this place was since we've been to so many and I only said I'd give her one hint. I like teasing her anyways. She looks around the area desperately trying to find something familiar, but it's no use because I'm taking another way to get to the place we're suppose to go. She'll never where we're going. After an hour of teasing her, we finally made it to our destination. She gasps and immediately wraps her arms around me.

Of course she was excited. This place was special to both me and her. This is where we shared our first kiss because neither of us had ever kissed anyone. This is where we shared our first date because neither of us had been on and we were nervous about going on one. This is where we made love for the first time and promised each other that would never tell anyone about it. This is where I realized that I was in love with my best friend. This is where I promised myself that I would make her mine. This was our home.

She took in the scenery and I made sure that she had her back towards me. I got down on one knee because I knew that she would love what I was about to do. She turned to me and gasped, "Jen, I've loved you from the first day I met you and I knew that I had to make you mine after that blissful night we shared together. I promise to keep you happy and give you everything you want and need. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed and repeated it over and over again. I picked her up and spun her ecstatic with the fact that she had agreed to be my girl. My girl. I kissed her and I felt her smile into the kiss. This is what it feels like to be in love. This is what it feels like to be crazy in love. This is what it feels like to whole.

Our kiss became heated and passionate. Soon we had our attention on each, slowly sliding each other's clothes off. I would have never done this with anybody else, but I trusted her with everything I had. I even trusted her with myself. She knew every little thing about me. She was aware of my deep dark secrets, the small scars that I had on my wrists, and the birthmark that I had on my bum just like I was aware of one of the small tattoos that she had her breast and the other she had on her hip. I was there when she got them done because she only trusted me to watch her. I was aware of her sweet spot on her neck and how she loved when I grabbed her by the hips to pull close to me. I knew everything about this girl from what drove her crazy to what could make her toes curl. I knew how to make her upset and how to make her smile. I knew that she liked when I gently touched her entire body when we make love or when I playfully slap her bum because her shorts are too short. I even knew that she loved the fact that I was in control during delicate times like these when I wanted to please her, but she also knew that I love whenever she surprises me by taking control.

We were connected as one, physically, mentally, and emotionally. No one could tear us apart even if they tried. We would always find our way back together, no matter what.