Requested Imagine #66: Hannah

Start from the beginning

"I'm, uh, Hunter. I'm a new employee."

***************

The minutes turned into hours, hour turned into days, days turned into week, weeks turns into months and you always seemed to find yourself sneaking into stables just to see Hunter. There was something about him that made you feel normal, not just as a princess. It was like you were his personal princess, in a way you were, but he didn't know that.

"The princess has arrived," Hunter said as he pretended to bow down at your presence. At first, whenever he called you princess, your heart would race because you thought that he know about your secret, but no, he simply did it out of love, "Mel's been wanting to see you."

"Really? I came just to see her. I missed her," you say jokingly. Hunter's face pales and you know that he feels uncomfortable, "I am simply fooling around! Relax, I came to see you."

"You scared me for minute," he muttered to himself hoping that you had not heard him.

"Melanie, how are you feeling?" You say and the horse pants.

"She's about to have a baby," Hunter says and he rubs your shoulder, "The king said he would be here soon to see if we would keep the foal."

"Hannah!" James whispered and motioned you to walk to leave, "Your father is coming! He looks furious!"

"Hunter, I have to go," you say as you look for a place to exit the stables.

"Why? It's just the king. He'll be proud to know we have you here helping us," Hunter says. He's clueless. He has no idea of who you are.

"James, where is she?" Your father asked, well, more like yelled.

"Who?," James said calmly.

"My daughter! She's here. I know she is," the king and you know that you have to run, "Hannah is not her room! Where is she? She's in the stables, is she not!"

Hunter looks over at you with wide eyes, "You're the Princess?"

"Yes, but--"

"We can talk later. You have to go," Hunter says and you nod.

*****************

"You shouldn't be here, Princess."

"Hunter, please don't call me that," you say. Playful Hunter from the past few months has disappeared.

"Why didn't you tell me? You could have told me that you were the princess. I wouldn't have kept you here in the stables," he says looking down at his feet. It was like he was embarrassed.

"I wanted to be here in the stables with you. I thought that if I told you who I was, you would treat me differently. I'm in love with you."

"Princess or not, you're my princess. Can't you see that?"

"I know that know. I just, I did not want you to change because of who I was," you admit and he slightly chuckles before kissing your cheek.

"For you, I would do anything. As long as you're happy, I'm happy," he says and kisses your lips, "But your father might not be happy about it though."

"I know, he wants me to marry the prince of Ireland. He's not very nice or adorable as you."

"Adorable? You think I'm just adorable," he questions. You nod through your giggles as you continue to tease him.

"Why don't we just run away together?" You say out of the randomly. He shakes his head and you're a little surprised.

"No, I'm trying to get on your parents' good side. Stealing you away from them wouldn't be a great idea. Although, I would love to do that," he says as he kisses your neck, "I want to ask your father. I have a feeling that I have a arrangement that he can't ever back down."

"Really? Is that so?"

"Yes," he says nodding his head, "My cousin is the prince of Ireland."

"What?"

"I said my cousin is the prince of Ireland. I'm the prince of Russia," he says and you look at him a little surprised, "I know what you're thinking. If he's the prince, what's he doing here in the stables? The same as you, Princess."

"No, that's like taking advantage of you, is it not? We should not mention it to him."

"Yes, we should. Your father wants to go to war with my country. If you and I are together, we can calm the situation," He says as he uses his hands to explain himself, "Let's go right--"

"So, you're father is the king of Russia," your father says and making you jump from his sudden appearance.

****************

"Who would have believed that two royals trying to pass as commoners would fall in love and find out each other's secret?" Hunter asks as he looks around the new improved castle.

"You, of course. You believed that we calm the feud," you say and he laughs.

"All because of some horseback riding."

"All due to horseback riding and the stables."