Chapter 162 - 163

Chapter 162

In the modern era where Shen Zening grew up, the custom of keeping the New Year's Eve has long been gone. In the world of cultivation, it is still preserved, but the monks are not particularly particular about it. They can keep it or not.

Bai Yang's family just kept a symbolic watch. Later, because Zhu Mingshu was not in good health, they simply canceled the activity of watching the New Year's Eve. Generally, the two of them would go to rest soon after the New Year's Eve dinner.

Maybe it was because he watched a lot of colorful fireworks tonight, but Zhu Mingshu didn't feel sleepy at all, and even felt that he could watch some more.

Unfortunately, the fireworks Shen Zening bought were set off from eleven o'clock to around one o'clock in the evening, and they were all used up. Zhu Mingshu had no choice but to give up with regret.

Although the system mall still has some in stock and you can buy some on the spot, many of the fireworks he set off just now were specially purchased from famous fireworks merchants in other planes, such as those with little fox patterns and those with dragon shapes. , are all specially customized.

The fireworks that could be bought immediately were relatively ordinary, but not impossible. However, when Shen Zening was about to buy some more to make his father-in-law happy, he saw the little fox gently shaking his head at him.

"Daddy can't stay up late, so it's better not to set off any more fireworks." The little fox said, "It's getting late now, it's time to go to bed."

Bai Wan also persuaded Zhu Mingshu, saying that he would set off the fireworks tomorrow, and then faced his eldest son The family blinked and took Zhu Mingshu back to the room first.

Shen Zening could probably guess what his mother-in-law meant, which was to ask him to prepare some fireworks tomorrow in case Zhu Mingshu wanted to see them.

Not only Zhu Mingshu wanted to continue watching the fireworks, but Tiao Tiao also wanted to watch them.

Xiao Longzai was one step ahead of Zhu Mingshu. Even before the fireworks were set off, he counted the fireworks on the ground that had not yet started. When he found that there were not many left, he said to Bai Wan and Zhu Mingshu, "Bounce!" I stooped to find my father and dad, wanting to ask my father to add some more fireworks.

The strange thing is that Tiao Tiao walked around the small square in front of the hotel and ran into the brightly lit hall to look, but he couldn't find his father and dad.

"Hey...where did they go..."

Tiao Tiao was confused. If Pei Nian was celebrating the New Year with them in the hotel now, he would definitely stop Tiao Tiao and tell him not to bother looking.

If the fathers can't be found for a while, it's probably because they are doing something... that is not convenient for their children to see.

At that time, Shen Zening, as early as when the atmosphere was getting thicker, picked up Bai Yang and carried his little fox into the nearby woods.

The exclamations and conversations of people in the square gradually faded away, and the branches of the trees in the forest were thick and still maintained their dark green color even in winter.

The ground was covered with soft and thick snow and fallen leaves. Shen Zening held him firmly until he was pressed against the rough and wide trunk of the tree.

Shen Zening's strength was quite strong, but before pressing Bai Yang up, she remembered to use her spiritual power to protect his back.

The whole tree trembled slightly, and the leaves rustled above the head. After a while, a small ball of snow fell from the leaves. Just when it was about to fall on Bai Yang, another golden shadow flashed in the forest. , the ball of snow was caught by Shen Zening's spiritual power and thrown aside.