Chapter 139 - 140

Chapter 139

Zhang Hui was a little absent-minded all day long, and the wrong dishes were served several times.

He goes to work in a daze, and it is inevitable that customers will complain.

But Zhang Hui didn't laugh it off like he did before when he encountered this kind of thing. Instead, he almost got into a quarrel with the customer.

"Zhang Hui, what's happened to you these past two days?"

In the office upstairs in the joint hall, Xue Yun closed the door, talked to Zhang Hui privately, and asked, "Is your son's health not in good condition again?"

Zhang Hui was a little dazed. After a while, he lowered his head, suppressed the emotion in his eyes, and said, "...Yes." After

hearing this, Xue Yun thought that Zhang Hui might be doing this frequently because of his son's affairs these days. I was not in a state of error, but I still felt a little surprised when I really heard Zhang Hui say this.

Is the food made by the boss himself useless to Zhang Hui's son?

How bad is this illness...

She understands that Zhang Hui has something to do at home, but going to work with emotions will have an impact on the restaurant and the guests, so she had to tactfully persuade Zhang Hui and said that he should not let him go. It would be better for him to rest for another day.

Zhang Hui, who seldom rested on weekdays, actually agreed to it for the first time.

He didn't even bother to evade Xue Yun as usual and just agreed.

After Zhang Hui left, Xue Yun felt more and more strange the more she thought about it. When she had time, she went to the small building to find Shen Zening and told him about the matter.

"It's okay, just leave him alone. Don't worry about the rest." She heard Shen Zening say to her, "Zhang Hui... has been busy recently..." This was

said without a beginning or end. Yun left confused.

A few days ago.

After Zhang Hui got his leave, he returned to the staff dormitory. When no one was around, he closed the door, lay down on the bed, and breathed out comfortably. He didn't look at all nervous or worried about his "son."

He had not been in good spirits these past two days, but that was just because he went to the casino in Shuowang City to stay up all night when he was on vacation for acting.

He remembered that some time ago, in the inn, oh no, it should be called a hotel now, there was an incident where monks stole keys and resold rooms.

I didn't expect that these monks who usually look like human beings would actually do such sneaky things.

After Zhang Hui knew that the two monks had been caught, he secretly enjoyed himself for a while.

He couldn't explain why he was happy. He obviously had no grudge against the two monks, but he just felt...comfortable.

When something like this happens, it's like saying, look, aren't you also bad? What's the difference between you and ordinary people?

There was a lot of commotion that day. When people were arrested, in addition to the people from the city lord's palace, there was also a casino owner. It was said that one of the monks was a con man who escaped after being detained by the casino.

When he finally took the person away, Zhang Hui vaguely heard some guests talking about evil spirits and the like.

Demonic energy? He didn't care at all about demonic aura or not. It had nothing to do with him as a mortal without any cultivation talent. He didn't take it to heart at all. The only thought in his mind was that monks are nothing special.