Chapter 675. The Second Event Begins!

After stepping into the formation, Yasenia appeared in the middle of a large arena. It was surrounded by a dome with holes all over it. Lighting was done with some kind of non-natural source because she couldn't spot anything that would illuminate this place as it was, and the floor was a layer of soil.

The dome walls were light-colored, making the black holes even more pronounced. Finally, there were no doors, no windows, and only a formation on the front. Analyzing it quickly, she found traces of the ones that had been used until now, and Yasenia could guess that it was a teleporting formation to either go somewhere or return.

Moreover, there was a strange, thin, finger-sized red crystal floating in the middle of the room at her waist height.

"It's a shame that I'm alone for this second test... I wanted to compete again with my dears. Also..." Yasenia smirked. "Trying to steal those [Library Tickets] would've been interesting. Did the creator predict that cultivators would fight for them and make the following tests individual?"

Yasenia found that plausible, but if the creator wanted worthy people, not making us interact with each other would be silly.

After thoroughly observing her surroundings, the timer for people to take the portal to the second test reached zero.

The dragoness tensed and made energy run through her body, just in case.

The man's low-pitched voice echoed in the arena, reaching Yasenia. "Welcome to the second event. The second event is an endurance and agility test. Attacks will fly your way relative to your strength, and you must resist them. When you can't endure it anymore, break the red crystal, and the attacks will stop."

Yasenia approached the red crystal item and placed it between her white mountains. Then, using a bit of energy, she kept it in place. 'This way, breaking it will be quite easy. I just have to squeeze my breasts with energy to burst it~.'

The item was naturally fragile so as not to cause accidents. But it was hard enough not to break without a cultivator's intention to do so.

The man's voice was heard again. "This is not just an endurance test but also a competition. The longer you last, the better you will do."

On top of the formation at the corner of the room, the number 2192 appeared. It was the number of competitors left after the hour-long monster wave section.

"The test will continue until fifty people remain. Breaking the red crystal doesn't disqualify you from continuing to participate in the [Library of Trials]. It just signifies that you can't continue with this challenge, and it will give you a position between the [2192] people participating. As said before, the challenge is real and lethal. The attacks have deadly force behind them, so being arrogant can lead to death. Please be mindful and do not be too greedy. Otherwise, this challenge will be your death. In ten seconds, the walls will launch one attack so that you can see the force behind them."

[10]

[9]

[8]

Yasenia blinked and shrunk [Draconic Heart] to a long sword length. While her broadsword was better for fighting other cultivators, this challenge required agility.

[7]

[6]

[5]

The taller than her body weapon transformed and became an elegant, slim, and smooth sword perfect for cutting and swinging.

[4]

[3]

[2]

Yasenia's slit eyes thinned, and her spiritual sense covered the entirety of the dome, allowing her to feel every inch of the entire place as if she was looking at it.