Chapter 714. A Dragoness' Peaceful Hour.

In a beautiful garden that was behind a house built on a mountain, a purple and golden eastern dragon was sitting alone, plucking flowers and looking a bit dazed.

Her usually lively appearance was nowhere to be seen, as nervousness was clearly noticeable in her impatient gestures. Her tail smacked the ground, her hands plucked the flowers quite quickly, and her beautiful golden eyes looked around constantly.

She had heard good news from the maids who had cared for her for the last months, but she also felt nervous even when she was happy.

When the more than two-meter-long eastern dragon heard the sound of soft steps, she turned around, and her pupils expanded.

The woman that appeared was, in her opinion, the most beautiful in the World.

The woman's golden eyes also resembled her own, and the connection between them felt clear in the mind of the young dragon.

With eyes dripping with love that made the dragon tear up, the woman opened her arms and called her. "Kaleina, my baby, I'm home."

"Mommy!"

Kaleina threw the flowers and rushed forward, quickly arriving in front of her mother and hugging her while also coiling around her. The beautiful woman's floral scent filled her nostrils, and the warmth of her soft body relaxed Kaleina's body to the point of soul-level comfort.

Then, knowing what she liked, Kaleina felt her Mommy's tail curling around her, giving her a pleasant sensation of her scales rubbing with her mother's beautiful blue and golden scales.

The hug was tangling, showing the deep nostalgia both felt. Kaleina felt her mother's soft hands tenderly caressing her scales, heard that familiar powerful heartbeat, and relished in the caresses she missed for months.

As they embraced in the beautiful garden, Kaleina's nervousness began to dissipate, replaced by a profound sense of security and love. As if sensing her nervousness, her mother whispered words of reassurance into Kaleina's ear with a gentle smile, soothing any lingering anxieties.

"Don't worry, love. Now that I've returned, I won't be leaving for a long time. I promise."

Kaleina took her head from the crook of her neck and looked upward with unshed tears in her eyes. "Really?"

Yasenia looked at her daughter's face and felt her heart twist with guilt. However, she didn't regret it. After all, she needed to become stronger if she wanted to protect the beautiful creature between her arms.

She answered, kissing her face slowly and tenderly as if she were afraid that her kisses would damage her. "Of course, my baby. Mommy will stay by your side for many years."

The vibrant colors of the flowers surrounding them seemed to come alive as the two beings, one a beautiful dragon and the other a graceful woman shared a moment of reunion.

Yasenia moved under the shade of a tree, changing to a comfortable red kimono with a wide-open front, and placed Kaleina's head on her lap.

Then, while looking at the young dragon and smiling softly, she continued caressing and pampering her.

The mountain breeze would usually be chilly, but with the formations around the house, it felt warm and pleasant. The rustling grass and the occasional sound of the critters living in the garden felt peaceful and relaxing.

After months of constant fighting, Yasenia couldn't help but feel all the tension in her body leaving her. While it was the truth that she relished in battle, she treasures these moments of peace much more.

From the very start, although knowing how impossible it sounded, her wish had been to create a family in a remote place and live in peace with her lovers.