Chapter 699. Sarah's End.

"Cough, cough."

After opening her eyes, the woman was confused. She felt her entire body hurting as if a stampede of beasts had run her over.

Looking around, she couldn't identify nor remember where she was.

"Where am I?"

Her eyes widened sluggishly as the tone of her own voice sounded so hoarse and damaged that it made her gut twist.

"My voice-."

She quickly stopped speaking and thought. 'What happened to my voice? No, what happened to my entire body? Why does it hurt so much? System?'

The woman, Sarah, asked in her head, but to her confusion, nobody answered.

"Oh? You are awake?"

A gentle and ethereal voice reached her ears, making her body shudder. 'Such a pleasant voice.'

With a somewhat blurry sight, she lifted her head and looked at the woman. Her appearance instantly stole her breath away.

The woman looking at her wore white and green royal clothes of an oriental nature, and her hair was as white as snow. Her two phoenix eyes commanded respect, and the ghostly green color gave an eerie but captivating aura.

The gentle-looking and ethereal woman smiled softly, lighting up the dark surroundings with her unreal beauty. "Hello, my esteemed name is Jian Ying Yue, the [Undead Empress], one of the strongest undead under the Death Empress's absolute command. Her Majesty, the Death Empress, has personally informed me to take care of you and heal your wounds until she halts her closed-door cultivation session. After all, she was preparing to break through, but she interrupted her session to welcome you."

'Take care of me? Welcome me? Why-.'

Then, like a film playing at forward speed, the events that happened previously flashed through her head.

The woman's honey-colored eyes widened. "Right, I was fighting Yasenia... My arm!"

She quickly looked down, but to her surprise, she had both arms. Moreover, her voice also seemed to have significantly recovered. 'Was I hoarse because I just woke up?'

As she thought that, a question reached her ears.

"Hm? Fighting who?"

The pretty brown-haired woman, Sarah, looked up and saw that the gentle smile of the woman who called herself Jian Ying Yue had widened. 'Is she worried?'

Feeling goodwill toward her, she quickly begged the gentle-looking woman. "P-Please, help me save some people! I swear I'll return the favor no matter how much it costs me!"

Sarah saw the otherworldly beauty look at her intensely. Then, she asked again, strangely focusing on one point. "Who did you say that you were fighting?"

Sarah blinked, confused. "Someone called Yasenia. B-But that's not important; I need to save my lovers from her! If I'm late, she might kill them!"

The white-haired woman pondered and then smiled. "Let's focus on your opponent. Remember that I haven't been told anything, so I need to understand your situation a bit before I do anything. You said she was called Yasenia? Can you describe her for me?"

Confused, Sarah asked. "Will this help with my request?"

Jian Ying Yue laughed, her ghostly green eyes shining with profound emotions. "Of course, even if you want me to go somewhere, I need an anchor or something to search for that place, right?"

Sarah's eyes shone with realization. "I see. Well, Yasenia is a dragon woman. She is very tall, at least a head taller than you. Then... She is very voluptuous, with golden slit eyes and long midnight-black straight hair! Oh, right, she has a long blue-colored dragon tail with golden rings, and the tail sparkles white lights."