Chapter 628. The Harpies and Yasenia.

As Yasenia looked back on Ghana, she reached a point two days ago where she was talking to Aviana, one of the highest-level harpies who joined a year ago. She was the middle-level Epoch Core harpy.

Both of them were revising a case of a harpy breaking the rules and thinking about what punishment to give her.

Ghana sighed. "Thankfully, this doesn't happen often. She is the second offender coming from our race."

Aviana nodded. "Most of us are loyal to Lady Yasenia. I would be sad if the juniors destroyed the regained trust we worked hard to achieve."

Ghana nodded seriously. Then, Aviana asked. "Say, Ghana. When do you think Lady Yasenia will become as trustful of us again as before? From what I've heard from you and the other harpies, the first month was much different, right?"

The brown-feathered harpy frowned and sighed.

Aviana continued. "To be honest, Matriarch Tengliu asked me to become loyal to Yasenia and take her orders above her own, but I can feel that although Lady Yasenia has started to joke around with us, there are no signs of being like what you and the other juniors told me she was at first."

Yasenia lifted an eyebrow as she listened.

Meanwhile, Ghana paused her work and looked through the window, a bit melancholic. "Probably never. I could feel that the moment we betrayed her expectations and showed her that she was nothing before Matriarch Tengliu, Lady Yasenia instantly cut us off from becoming close..."

Aviana blinked. "But some juniors don't think like that anymore, right? I've heard that after all the help Yasenia has given them, a few have become completely loyal. Even you are starting to tilt the balance in her favor."

Ghana sighed. "But Yasenia doesn't think like that. And those who say that, can they say, from the bottom of their heart, that if Tengliu and Yasenia fight, they will stand by Yasenia's side without a doubt?"

Ghana looked at Aviana and asked. "Can you swing a sword against Tengliu, against all our sisters that would follow Tengliu? Would you stand aside and do nothing as Yasenia kills harpies in the Sect that don't obey her?"

The harpy opened her mouth and stopped, wryly smiling right after. "I honestly don't know. I would personally try to remedy their differences. But isn't that too much? I don't think there exists any person who can throw away their roots for another power, right? If they do so, doesn't that mean they can do the same to her in the future? That way of thinking is too close-minded."

Ghana shook her head. "It's not close-minded. The way she treats us today is excellent. Treasures, benefits, and even the way she acts are far better than any other power I've participated in."

Aviana couldn't deny that.

Ghana continued. "Has she ever forced someone to do labor? Has she forced someone out of a position unjustly? She is understanding and doesn't hold back benefits because of personal bias. The "close-minded" attitude you are talking about is her treating us with familiarity as if we are part of her close people. Being strict with your inner relationship circle is not close-minded, but a rather normal thing to do."

Aviana couldn't refute that. Would she allow a random person with loyalty elsewhere to walk in her house without limits? That was not the case.

Ghana chuckled. "Honestly, unless Yasenia becomes strong enough to assimilate our entire race, she will probably never put down her guard. Even then, only those she deems appropriate will become close to her."

The other harpy frowned. "But, isn't that too much? Although I admit her growth is fast, I think she underestimates us if she thinks she can swallow our race, no?"