Chapter 791. Arriving at the Second Floor.

On the exit from the second trial to the third floor, a woman wearing black robes that hid almost her entire body looked around coldly. 'We've arrived quite soon. The next floor is where everyone gets mixed in.'

"Hoh? Look at who we have here."

The woman wearing black robes turned her head, looking coldly at the person who spoke to her. She saw a blue-feathered Harpy pushing her large naked chest upward with a smirk.

The woman in black asked, her voice indifferent. "Do you want anything?"

The harpy lifted an eyebrow. "Not at all. At least not me." The Harpy paused, thinking about how to speak without sounding too confrontational. After all, she didn't have any wish to fight her.

The woman in black asked. "Can I go?"

The harpy finally spoke. "Well, listen to me. You know the Astral Sky Clan dragon woman? Our leader is quite fond of her. So, how about you forget about it and stop targeting her? If you make trouble for her, we would need to fight, and neither side wants that, right? Being disqualified before reaching the tournament would be quite a shame."

The woman wearing black squinted. "Are you saying that we would lose?"

The harpy rolled her eyes. "Hey. If we fight, you and we will end up very injured. Then, any other decently strong group will be able to take us down if they want. Do you really want to go through that?"

The female assassin turned around. "To squash a bug, our sect doesn't need to act personally. There are many who want to gain a favor from us."

The harpy paused, looking at how the five black robbed people melded with the shadows and disappeared. Another harpy in the group spoke. "Do we wait here for them?"

A gentle one sighed. "We should, right? That beautiful darling will go through a lot of troubles; having us with them should alleviate their burden."

They all looked at the blue-feathered harpy, asking with their eyes about what they should do. After a while, she commented. "We can wait for a while. However, we should leave once more than 20 other groups to pass through here. Remember that we can't lose our position just to help her."

The other four nodded in agreement.

Meanwhile, on the second floor, Yasenia's group just walked through the gates. Our dragoness had changed back to her humanoid form.

Looking around, they were quick to realize that the landscape had massively changed. From a swamp, they entered a desert-like landscape. However, while the floor was completely covered with reddish sand, vegetation could also be spotted around the large dunes.

A strong wind half blew her way, making their long hair dance with it. Yasenia blinked a few times as a few sand grains almost entered her eyes. Andrea asked. "Are you okay? I've heard a few grains of sand hitting my helmet."

Yasenia smiled. "No problem. It's normal sand, so there are no problems."

The other two also nodded.

Andrea took the lead and asked. "So, where do we need to go this time?"

Looking upward, they realized that the ceiling was double the previous one, at around 10,000 meters in height. Cecile pondered and suggested. "I'll fly upward and see if I can see anything."

Yasenia nodded. "Sure. Be careful."

Cecile flexed her knees and extended her large silver wings. Energy gathered toward her legs, and then, she pushed and flapped her wings.

BANG!

With a loud sound, the phoenix shot into the sky at tremendous speed. The wind blew on her indifferent face as her body shot vertically upward in an impressive feat of strength.