Chapter 770. Entrance to the Underwater City.

While they approached the path toward the underwater city, Embera asked to be sure. "Are you sure that it will work on me as well?"

Kali shrugged with a gentle laugh. "I don't know. It's my first time speaking with spirits other than Valeria. The few little ones I can summon are all mindless, after all. So, we'll need to test. Even if there is any problem, at most, you will boil a small area of the sea, right?"

Embera nodded. "Well, you are right. It's my first time going underwater, so my instincts are a bit twitchy. Sorry for asking so many times."

Kali shook her head. "It's only right to do so."

Soluna blinked and asked Kali with interest in her harmonic voice. "You can summon spirits?"

Kali waved one of her tails and used her summoning skills to call ten small green spirits without a specific shape. They were like blobs of green light that floated around Kali gently.

Soluna clapped, her exotic eyes glowing beautifully. "Oh!"

Yasenia looked at her, and a small laugh escaped her. She patted her head and commented. "Cute."

Soluna smiled shyly and clung to her again. Our dragoness was walking with Tatyana at her right, and Soluna at her left this time.

The nature spirit raised her leafy eyebrow, approached one, and poked it. Delighted, the unnamed and non-sapient spirit began bobbing up and down. The nature spirit laughed. "Very cute. But... They have no ego."

Kali explained. "They come from a skill, so they are naturally non-intelligent. They can follow orders and have basic instincts that help them follow my commands better. For example... Go there and explode."

One of the green spirits flashed where Kali pointed, creating a very small explosion on the sand. From the area where they exploded, grass and other types of common flora sprouted.

The spirits blinked a few times, looking strangely between Kali and that spot. The nature spirit coughed. "I see."

Kali looked at them, confused. "What's wrong?"

Embera commented with a laugh. "It's just... strange to see spirits exploding. While they can't even be considered the same species as us, for you, it would be similar to seeing a small kali-shaped, semi-conscious doll go to a place because someone ordered it to and then explode..." Kali was about to say that it wouldn't be much, but Embera added. "... splattering the doll's small organs around."

Kali swallowed her words and apologized with twitching lips. "Sorry. I won't do it again."

No matter how much a cultivator was desensitized to seeing gore, that image would still be uncomfortable to look at.

After that small setback, they all walked toward the ocean and began entering into the water.

When their feet touched the water, and the waves slowly crashed on them, a pleasant sensation of feeling the sand moved by them caressed their skin.

The water quickly increased in depth as they walked forward along the path pointed at by the Ascending Ocean City. It used clever structuring to use plant life to limit the path's edges while also using oceanic rocks that wouldn't be swallowed into the sand with time.

It was an exotic and interesting path to walk through, with vivid green, purple, pink, and yellow colors usually found in oceanic materials.

Thanks to the pill, they didn't float and continued to walk as if they were on land. The crashing waves were not annoying as their immense bodily strength could take such forces as if they were nothing but soft gales.