Chapter 741. Reactions All Around.

During the last three years, Distancia has been more active than ever. The biggest and most important event was the Astral Sky Clan's ability to become the lords of Holy Maple City.

That place was not only one of the top ten most populated cities of the Holy Beast Empire but also a strategic post that even the Holy Beast Emperor himself would step up to protect if an opposing power attacked it.

However, in the public eye, it appeared as if the Holy Beast Empire relinquished the city for nothing.

Of course, the people in the city were not happy. The Holy Beast Empire was considered the number one power in the entire continent, so living under their governance was not only safe but also bound to be prosperous.

Who would want to step out of the shade of such a giant tree and be attached to a fledging power?

The people outside Maple City didn't know how Yasenia managed to reach such an agreement with the Holy Beast Emperor, but they were expecting that the only remaining thing after delivering the city would be nothing but the husk of what it was before.

However, the Astral Sky Sect subverted the views of the entire World when the population and central powers remained primarily untouched.

From the more than 500 million people living in that city, it was reduced to around 420 million in the year following the handling. The loss was significant.

However, some merchants looked closely and realized that the major powers of the city didn't move. The people who left were primarily low-level cultivators and mortals.

The functioning, economy, and infrastructure of the city were not only not worse, but somehow, they became even better as one day, dense energy suddenly filled the massive city.

All the formations, alchemy, and anything that used ambient mana to function were enhanced with thicker energy, which, in turn, would boost the production power and number of geniuses that the city could produce.

With one move, the Astral Sky Sect made all the people who hastily left feel their intestines turn green with regret.

After all, not only did those who left spend a large amount of currency to do so, but the Astral Sky Sect Master herself told the public that those who left were banned from re-entering the new city.

Of course, some people thought highly of themselves and amassed a big group to protest outside. It had been done in the past, and with a few Epoch Cores at the helm, they were confident of being listened to.

What happened next, however, made their view on the Astral Sky Sect take another massive turn.

The Astral Sect Master herself appeared on top of the revolting masses in her dragon form, spanning a massive 400 meters in length and wingspan, twice as big as she was before. The peerlessly beautiful creature mesmerized almost every living being who laid their eyes on her.

With a giant and complex image of a Sun and a Moon on her massive wings, the primarily blue and gold dragon hovered in the sky like a patch of night sky that had taken a draconic form.

The regal and curved horns, the indifferent and cold dragon face, and the soul-stirring aura that she emitted made everyone hold their breath at the sight of such a mythical being. They feared the mesmerizing creature would dissipate like a dream if they spoke or breathed too loudly.

It was general knowledge that the Astral Sky Sect Master didn't have a very high cultivation level. Still, under the stunned eyes of the people, she opened her maw at the people who were about to storm into the city to cause trouble, and the World dimmed.