Chapter 671. Results of the race!

A few minutes later, the seventh stage approached, and Yasenia's energy began moving again, her golden eyes shining brightly.

By now, the pressure has become strong enough to start slowing her down, consuming her stamina gradually.

It was not a big problem for her, in any case. If there was one thing Yasenia was confident in, it was her stamina.

Yasenia looked back and saw a few people far behind. Then, she looked at the front and spotted Sarah, Evelyn, and Cecile going ahead of her. 'At this pace, they will never catch up, and I'll secure a fifth place. But...'

The reason for her falling behind Evelyn, Sarah, and Cecile was her burst speed skills effectiveness fading and the ability of the three at the front to keep a constantly high speed. Thus, the advantage she gained in the initial stages disappeared a while ago.

Of course, this didn't mean Yasenia was slow. The fact that she could still barely keep up even when those three at the front were going all out was a testament to her swiftness. Moreover, influenced by Tatyana, she also used her [War intent] to increase her body strength.

There was one thing that she had yet to use and had been reserving for the stages ahead of the sixth.

Even then, Yasenia was curious about Sarah. There was a sense of incongruity when looking at her. 'I haven't seen her slow down from the beginning... It's a bit strange. I can clearly see that Dear and Sweetheart's bodies are heavier just by looking at them, but Sarah still looks light.'

The dragoness tilted her head, looking at the person almost reaching the end of the seventh stage while she had yet to enter it. 'Is she really that strong?'

Shaking her head, Yasenia focused on the energy inside of her. 'Whatever, she won't be able to keep up that speed forever, right? If I've calculated this correctly, my following skill should last until the end or almost until the end, allowing me to end up second.' Her tongue licked over her sharp fangs, and she smiled. 'Let's accelerate.'

The three women ahead of her suddenly felt an oppressive aura behind them, making them feel as if a predator had locked on them.

Looking back, they saw Yasenia taking out her heavy [Draconic Heart], which slowed her down a bit more.

However, instead of feeling relaxed, their nerves tensed. There was no way that the clever dragoness would slow herself down just for the sake of it.

Cecile didn't peer into Yasenia's soul to see what she was doing or thinking. The phoenix loved competing fairly against her, so she was also curious and expectant. 'What will my love do?'

Evelyn finally reached the eighth area, about two minutes behind Sarah. The new pressure slammed onto her firmly, making her leg muscles tense and slowing her down about ten percent. 'I have a large advantage over Yasenia, so I shouldn't be worried, but...'

Evelyn's mind tingled as she looked at the dragoness that had yet to enter the seventh area. Her lips arched. '... I feel like I will lose.'

Her body was filled with chills. 'Is this how it feels to compete against her? To face her? She is really a monster.'

Attentively, they saw Yasenia getting closer and closer to the yellow-white plane, the seventh area, and they felt the oppressiveness coming from her increasing, even when she was so far away.

It was not a natural pressure but a feeling of being locked by a powerful competitor.

Finally, Yasenia's feet stepped on the white-yellow area.

At that moment, everything else seemed to stop as only Yasenia's actions registered in the minds of those ahead and behind her.

First, a massive explosion of aura inundated her surroundings while her feet firmly stepped into the white-yellow area.