Chapter 727. The Maids' Strength. Garuda Patriarch's Fate.

The battle in the sky had been ongoing for five minutes already.

The crowd of 20 thousand Epoch Core cultivators had been slowly chipped away, leaving about 19,200 of them.

Inside the swarm of high-level cultivators, the 50 maids calmly moved like a fish in the water, weaving through the constant rain of attacks.

Alaia didn't need to speak as her [Leadership Intent] allowed her thoughts to be relayed to all the maids at the same time, creating a solid information network between them.

Selena flew and used a skill to summon a towering glass shield, blocking a section of the encirclement for a few moments. "Alaia, how much time can we hold on like this? The Battle Array is very consuming."

Alaia's arm blurred as she thrust her spear five times in an instant, creating enormous explosions that sent several dozens of Epoch Core people flying, with three of them dead. "If it was before my breakthrough, we might have had to be careful, but with me as the core of the array, we can continue fighting for a few hours. As their numbers decrease, our energy consumption will also do so."

Doriel became a blur and separated for a few moments from their formation, slashing her dagger enough times in less than a second to create a wall of pitch-black crescents.

The six Epoch Core cultivators that were caught in her attack were sliced into little chunks. "How did you even manage to break through? I thought I was the closest."

Alaia pointed her spear to the sky, summoning a giant lightning bolt that alleviated the pressure the fifty maids were dealing with for a second. "I was guarding when Lady Death Empress created Young Miss's Body Cultivation Technique. The lingering energy from the event was enough to push me over the edge and allow me to break through."

Alaia quickly appeared in another part of the battlefield, blocking the combined attack of three High-level Epoch Cores and saving the life of one of the weakest maids. Then, she controlled her domain and sent three one-kilometer-long lightning dragons at them, blasting them flying.

She continued answering as her body flashed across the battlefield. "Honestly, I was lucky to be nearby. Even Lady Death Empress expressed her regret, telling me it was a shame that you all weren't nearby, or you would've had a noticeable boost in cultivation."

The maids listening came to a realization.

Leila was clashing head to head with the Garuda Patriarch, exchanging blows with relative ease while summoning waves of magma to disrupt the attacks falling onto their group. "Hey, Mister Bird, why are you still fighting? Can't you see that only your people are falling?"

The Garuda Patriarch moved quickly, using his longsword to create a crescent arc of flames that Leila easily divided with a strike from her heavy halberd.

His face sank. 'This woman is fighting me while helping the group. While this makes defeating me impossible for her, the people around are falling too fast!'

While the maids conversed, an extra 100 Epoch Cores had fallen.

Unlike other types of cultivators, Epoch Core cultivators were very valuable. Top powers usually measured the current strength of their factions by counting how many Epoch Core cultivators that power had.

So, each time he saw one Epoch Core from his power killed, his heart twitched.

The battle continued for a while, and the Garuda Patriarch finally realized that the price to pay to kill these fifty women was not worth it.

'We are already barely maintaining the 12th place in the Thirty-Three clans; if my losses here are too big, I'll fall further down the ranks.'

Thinking as such, he shouted. "Retreat!"