Chapter 654. Legendary Core Earth Serpent vs Yasenia's Group. (1)

The deeper they descended into the mountain, the more creatures of that race appeared. It was no problem for our girls because the highest level they met was fourth-level Fusion Core beasts.

The numbers didn't surpass ten per ambush, allowing them to clean up the beasts swiftly.

Even then, they were impressed since a nest full of Fusion Core beasts was not something normal for a realm of this level.

While the top entry-level was Low-level Epoch Core, this didn't mean that all creatures would be a challenge for those on that maximum level. It meant that being low-level Epoch Core allowed you to roam most of the Secret Realm unhinged.

A nest with seemingly hundreds if not thousands of Fusion Core beasts could become a threat to a single Epoch Core if they were not careful.

Andrea deduced as her halberd cleaved one of them in half. "This must be a nest. Where is the treasure you felt, Yasenia."

The dragoness's tail whipped a beast that attacked her from behind, creating a loud bang and the sound of bones shattering. The brute strength launched that beast against another, and Evelyn used her spear to skew both simultaneously. "It should be a few hundred meters below us."

Andrea tilted her head and asked Ebirah, who was trying to imitate Yasenia and tail-slapping the beasts. "What about the yummy minerals, little one?"

Ebirah finally hit the beast, and the solid but thin tail fan at the tip of her tail slices the beast's head off. "I hit it!" Then, she turned toward Andrea and commented. "Those minerals are also a few hundred meters below! What a coincidence!"

Cecile tilted her head, an arrow impaling one beast against the wall right as they left the ambushing tunnel. "Why not blow a hole toward it? We have plenty of skills that would not create widespread destruction."

Yasenia walked forward with a pondering expression. "Let's not do it, just in case. Remember that this is not the wilderness but a secret realm. What if that place has a mechanism against people not entering in a 'normal' way? This place feels like a trial or something similar, don't you think so?"

Evelyn agreed. "A bunch of powerful beasts guarding a powerful treasure. It really sounds like a trial of some sort."

It didn't take long to reach the end of the cave system and arrive at the bottommost room. They knew it was the end because beyond the wide circular cave, a massive spherical room that probably took a tenth of the giant mountain spread like a dome of rocks.

The place was so huge that Cecile could've transformed into her giant Phoenix form and flown around comfortably.

Around the room, mounds where the beasts lived could be seen, creating a bumpy surface.

On the walls, countless holes of various sizes were visible, probably used by the beasts they'd been killing. Moreover, between all those holes, a few, like the one Yasenia and the girls were in, were much wider.

The confusion only lasted until their eyes landed in the middle of the room, where an enormous pillar connected the floor with the ceiling and had something coiled around.

The problem was that the pillar was at least 300 meters wide, and the brown serpent coiled around it was not small in comparison.

Its size was such that even if our girls transformed into their beast forms, they would be dwarfed.

Evelyn cursed in a low voice, fearing to wake it up. "That's just too big. How long is it? Three kilometers? Maybe longer?"

Yasenia was also impressed. It was the first time she met such a giant beast as an enemy she might fight.