Chapter 798. Country Swallowing.

After entering the fourth tower, Yasenia and company arrived at the usual teleporter and stepped on it. As always, they checked for intentions and jumped inside after feeling nothing out of place.

Once they reopened their eyes, they were inside a room with eight rock golems, each of them holding a strange paper with jade-like material.

However, unlike the ones prepared for battle in the first trial, these had a very humanoid shape, and some had faces resembling people. They were all around 2 meters tall, big but not excessively so.

Yasenia and the rest blinked a few times, unaware of what was happening. After all, having things that previously attacked them, like mad dogs roaming around her so suddenly, was quite a creepy situation.

All of them took out their weapons and prepared, just in case. But after three minutes, nobody attacked them.

The dragoness asked, confused. "Do you feel any bad feelings coming from them, Eira, Valeria?"

Both of them shook their heads, their postures relaxed.

Valeria added. "Not only are there no bad intentions in them, but they are really weak. A half-strength punch from Kali would blow them to smithereens. There is nothing to worry about, Yasenia."

Confused about the situation, the girls tried to expand their spiritual sense beyond the room they'd appeared in and realized that they couldn't.

Yasenia was surprised and tried again, using all her concentration to expand further. However, to her dismay, the walls were like unmovable mountains, blocking her spiritual sense from expanding further outside.

After one more minute of waiting, the doors opened, and they looked over. They saw a golem entering, wearing robes similar to the others' and holding a similar jade paper.

The girls focused on that paper and saw that there were even shelves with a few of those seemingly ordered by year and month. Andrea approached one of the shelves and looked at the documents closely. Of course, she didn't reach out to touch them yet.

Meanwhile, Cecile focused on expanding her spiritual sense through the open door. But even when the door opened to let one of the golems enter, the spiritual sense couldn't pass through, as if it was trapped.

Cecile told the others about her findings, making them think.

Kali asked. "How much time did it pass before the ninth golem entered?"

Yasenia answered. "Five minutes on the dot."

Andrea blinked. "You were counting?"

The dragoness titled her head. "Isn't it normal to count, just in case?"

Andrea smiled wryly. Then, she asked. "So, should we leave through the room?"

Yasenia shook her head. "I feel that this trial is very different from the rest. Let's wait. First of all, investigate the room. I'm counting to see if any more golems enter the room, and when they do."

The girls began moving around the room, and Yasenia decided to approach the main desk slowly. As she approached, she had a pondering expression that changed to one of wariness once she came close to it. After all, in quite a creepy way, six of the golems turned to look at her at once.

The action was entirely synchronous, so it was clear that she had triggered something.

Her mind spun as she tried to figure out what this trial was for. 'We've done strength, endurance, and agility. What's next? It can be many things...' Yasenia looked at the golems, looking at her with a deep expression. 'They turned toward me when I approached the desk, right?'