Chapter 701. Beastly Instincts.

Yasenia's vision blurred, and she reappeared in her room.

She blinked and thought back on the last two days. 'They felt a bit of a blur.'

Even if she spent the last hours with her dears, the dragoness was still mulling over Sarah's fight.

'I lost.'

The dragoness sighed, feeling frustrated. 'Moreover, it wasn't a normal loss. If Mom weren't there, I would've died before I knew what happened.'

While Tatyana had told Yasenia that it wasn't her fault and that the strength used at the end was not something fair, Yasenia thought otherwise.

'There is no fairness in a fight to the death. Only who is alive and who is dead.'

The dragoness didn't care about what Sarah used, she didn't care about her strange power boost after her first beating, nor did she care about the abnormal increase in combat mastery.

While it was true that she was winning for a while, even after the strange increase in mastery, the moment whatever she was fighting against used its final trump card, she was instantly defeated.

'It wasn't even a fight. The shockwave of the attack after Mom and Mirrory blocked it almost killed me.'

Yasenia bit her lips. 'Do I need more potent finishers? But how? I'm already pushing my limits with my current skills. Sword mastery? It's not something that can be increased because I want to. I need time and diligent practice to increase it. Energy management? Again, I need time. Intents? Once more, time.'

A sweet taste spread in her mouth, and Yasenia realized that she was bleeding because of her bite. Not caring much, she licked her wound with her long tongue. 'What do I lack? How could I have at least prevented being instantly killed in that situation?'

Yasenia's memories of that time were a bit fuzzy. At one moment, she was about to finish Sarah off, and the next moment, she was spiraling through the air with her body cracked as if a mirror had been struck.

Honestly, she didn't even know what hit her.

[You've been challenged by rank 341.]

The dragoness appeared in the arena and remembered. 'Right, there is a round of challenges before we attack the waves.'

She turned to look at her opponent and saw a tall, muscular, handsome lion kin with a red mane.

"Prepare yourself!"

Yasenia didn't answer, looking at him closely. 'Peak-level Ethereal Soul.'

Her opponent charged at her, and Yasenia's muscles tensed, rushing straight at him.

The man was initially surprised at the beauty of his opponent, but he was quick to snap out of it, and he challenged her.

His opponent looked distracted, so he charged forward.

However, the figure of the tall and seductive dragon woman blurred and appeared beside him almost instantly.

'What?'

The slit eyes of his opponent were completely red, and a sword bigger than his body was descending on him with the weight of a mountain surrounded by cosmic lights.

BOOOM!

He managed to defend himself, but his entire body felt like several creatures had run him over. Looking at his arms, the left one was dangling in a direction that should not be possible, making his heart thump in fear.

Looking down, he saw a massive wound that had appeared without his knowledge that started electrifying his brain with pain after he looked at it.

'What kind of monster is she!?'