Into The Creepy Cave and Talking Rocks?

Start from the beginning

Douxie doesn't resist and instead watches numbly as Merlin uses his staff to activate the rocks.

I was expecting the rocks to slide apart to reveal a door of sorts—I didn't expect the faces to talk.

"Who dares to disturb my slumb-" One of the faces starts to ask in a booming voice (that made me jump and latch onto Claire's arm).

Merlin didn't seem to be as frightened as the rest of us were—and instead cuts off the talking rock.

"It's me, Merlin." Merlin says blankly with a spark of annoyance in his voice. "Open up you idiot."

"Oh, it is you! All right, walk in." The other face says before they slide apart revealing the door I first expected.

Merlin turns to our small group one last time before he goes walking in.

I watch him go silently, knowing there's no point in chasing after the wizard and trying to change his mind.

Douxie thought otherwise.

He quickly takes off towards the door—ignoring my quiet yell for him to stop. Although he doesn't make it and the stone faces shut right in his face.

"Lakes closed." One of the faces says.

"None but the master wizard shall pass." The other rock face says. "No amateurs. That's you."

"Oh, leave him alone, rocks for brains." I deadpan as I walk forward with my arms crossed.

Everyone seems to be shitting on Douxie and it's pissing me off.

"Oooo. We got a feisty one, don't we?" The rock face on the left cackles.

I roll my eyes before I latch onto Douxies arm to attempt to pull him away from the rocks.

"Come on, they aren't worth it." I tell him quietly before we start to walk away.

"Aww, look. We hurt his feelings." One of the rock faces coo as they watch us leave.

I sigh to myself. I glance to Douxie and watch as he lets out a frustrated huff before he turns back to the rock faces and marches towards them.

"Oh Merlin's balls." I whisper in annoyance.

"Causa crepitoose!" Douxie yells when he gets close enough.

I watch as a blue stream of magic leaves his finger tips, a crackling sound emitting through the air before it strikes between the two rock faces.

It was silent for a moment before the two rock faces start cackling at Douxie.

"Is that all you got, punk?" The face on the right side asks in a mocking voice.

"Come on, get closer so I can bite your legs off!" The other rock exclaims before they both start to obnoxiously cackle again.

"Gods, do they ever shut up?" I groan as Claire walks forward to stand next to me.

"Merlin's magic is so annoying." Claire agrees as we share an annoyed look.

"Ugh." Douxie groans as he rests his fists on the stone and leans his forehead against the cold surface. "The talking door is right. This sorcery's uncrackable."