Creating a Plan and Goodbyes?

————<•>————

'Have you made a move on her, yet?'————<•>————

————<•>————

I sigh as I message Mary back for the millionth time that day, reassuring her that Claire and I will be at the battle of the bands tonight. In reality, I have no idea if we will actually be there.

I do feel quite bad, but I keep reminding myself that saving the world is more important than a music competition.

I focus back in when Blinky starts to talk after finally finishing his model of Arcadia (what a waste of time this was).

"I've taken the liberty of constructing a rudimentary model of Arcadia" Blinky starts to explain to everyone in the room (besides Jim, who's currently upstairs). "If we focus our defensive efforts here, then when the Gumm-Gumms attack-"

Blinky cuts himself off when he catches the slight mutter of disagreement that leaves Merlin's lips. Those two have been at each others throats this whole time, and it's only gotten worse from the pressure of our situation.

"Do you have something to say?" Blinky asks mockingly.

"This is a waste of time" Merlin exclaims, knocking all of Blinkys model to the ground.

What a waste of the last twenty minutes.

"You broke the museum! You Philistine!" Blinky cries out as he drops to his knee to attempt to salvage his destroyed model.

I share an annoyed look with Claire and Toby. These two are getting on my last nerves. All they've been doing is fighting and not properly trying to come up with a solution.

"Our focus is not Arcadia, it is Trollmarket" Merlin snarls at Blinky as he walks around the table.

I scoff loudly at that, which gains his attention.

"Something you want to say, dear?" Merlin asks, although it sounds much ruder than every other time he's talked to me.

"Yes, actually" I say with a fake smile. "What about all the innocent people in Arcadia? If we don't focus on them, they'll be killed!"

"That's not very important right now" Merlin says with a roll of his eyes.

"Of course, people dying isn't important at all" I scoff sarcastically.

"If we destroy Morgana, we stop the Eternal night. The Trollhunter and I must venture into Troll market" Merlin exclaims in frustration.