Gremlin Market and Swinging Axes?

————<•>————

"Your that gremlin who knocked me out!"————<•>————

————<•>————

I woke up to find me and Claire on the ground, my legs on top of her legs and our arms laying everywhere. I slowly sit up to see we had fell asleep during the little mermaid (a crime I know).

Suddenly, a knock on the door made Claire's eyes crack open, a disgruntled expression on her face as she pushes herself into a sitting position. She glances over to me before letting out a loud snort—apparently I looked very tired and wasn't doing a good job at hiding it.

"Shut up" I grumble to her, grabbing a pillow next to me and roughly throwing it at her face—smiling as Claire lets out an oomph!

"You girls awake? There's someone here to see you Y/n" I hear Claire's mum say as the door is slowly opened to a figure standing there.

I rub my tired eyes and let them adjust—but frown as I realise who's standing at the door.

My mum—standing there with a smile on her face and her arms open wide expecting a hug.

I stare at her with a straight face before laying back down and going back to sleep.

"Oh come on Y/n, don't be all grumpy and give me a hug" She says happily as Claire awkwardly looks between me and my mum.

"Good to see you mum" I say in a bored voice. "It's been awhile, couldn't be bothered to call?"

"I've been busy" She says with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Too busy to even ask your daughter what's going on in her life? I have had a weird week and would've liked to talk to you about it" I exclaim as I finally get up and start packing my things, knowing I'd be going home.

Although Claire's house has been my home for the past few weeks.

"Well, why don't we talk about it now" She offers making me sigh and nod my head.

"I'll see you later Claire" I say as I give her a quick hug before following my mum down the stairs.

"Thanks for having me Mr and Mrs Nunez, I appreciate it" I say as I give them quick hugs before following my mum out the door and into the car.

"So...I can shoot energy blasts out of my hands" I mutter with a shrug of my shoulders, getting my mums full attention (when it should really be on the road).

"I'm guessing you've figured your powers out" My mum says happily as I nod my head."And I'm assuming you've found out how the bracelet works"

That makes me freeze.

"M-my bracelet?" I ask as I look to the bracelet on my wrist.

"Yes, your bracelet. Oh you haven't figured that out yet have you?" My mum says with a cheeky smile.