A Deal With the Devil and Back From the Dead?

————<•>————

"Yes, because we're gonna find a twig of worms root in the local supermarket"————<•>————

————<•>————

Toby and I were hiding behind a giant orange crystal, the plan was for Toby to use the glamour mask to pretend to be Vendel so we can get the staff. I was there for emotional support for Toby (and because Claire didn't trust Toby to do this by himself).

Toby and I peak our heads in front of the crystal, catching sight of the staff displayed, as well as the two guards in front of it.

"Ok Toby, now or never" I say nervously as I pat his back for support.

"Okay, get into character" Toby says to himself as he places the mask on, transforming into Vendel.

"Remember to use big words!" I whisper to him as I watch him walk towards the staff.

"Ah, guard person" I hear Toby say as I sigh to myself, this was already going bad. "Just returning to pick up a few things and such...uh carry on!"

'Vendel' stumbles over to the staff, tripping on the stairs as i grimace.

"Awesome sauce!" Toby says as he picks up the staff, awkwardly looking towards the two confused guards. "I mean, splendid and whatnot"

I hear footsteps coming from near me as I look over to see the real Vendel walking over, I yelp as I quickly duck back behind the crystal.

"What is the meaning of this?" Vendel says as he looks towards his two confused guards, both of them gasping in shock. "An imposter!"

Vendel marches up towards Toby, stomping up the steps as he points towards a nervous looking 'Vendel'.

"Guards, seize him!" Vendel orders.

"No, dudes, seize him!" Toby says as he points towards a shocked Vendel. "If I'm not the real Vendel, how come I have the, uh, staff thingy?"

The guards suddenly growl and lunge at the real Vendel, the fake Vendel quickly running over to me as we hear Vendel yell for the guards to unhand him.

"That was a close one" I pant as we run away.

"Too close" Toby whimpers.

————<•>————

We were all gathered at the bottom of the bridge where we normally ride through on our way to school, the night sky dark as we stand tensely.