Gym class sucks and Steve is a Jackass?

————<•>————

"Theres a lot of things you don't know about me Jim Lake"————<•>————

————<•>————

Claire drags me over to two girls sitting on the bench who I assume are Mary and Darci.

"Oooo who's the fresh meat?" Mary says jokingly.

"This is Y/n, the new girl" Claire says while nudging her shoulder with mine.

"I feel like I'm not going to be able to get rid of that title any time soon" I say jokingly with a smile.

"Probably not, titles stick around here, so unless you do something memorable or we get a different new kid, you will forever be new girl" Darci says with a sympathetic smile.

"What do I have to do? Burn down the science labs and have the nickname Arson? Because I will do it" I say semi seriously.

"She's joking" Claire says with forced laugh.

"Am I?" I question with narrowed eyes and a small smirk.

We all turn around as we see heard a faint scream and watch as Toby falls off the rope—Coach Lawrence yelling at him for his stupidity.

"What is that on my rope? Every student here should be able to climb this rope and ring that bell. I want all of you to be made of iron. Iron! You have got to be kidding me." Coach Lawrence yells.

Claire grabs out her phone and nudges me in the shoulder, pointing at her phone which has a video of cats falling—you cant go wrong with funny cat videos.

We suddenly hear someone clear their throat and look up to see Jim standing there smiling at me to which I immediately smile back.

"¡Buenos noches!" Jim says to me.

"tu hablas español?"I ask him with a smile.

He goes to respond but Mary and Darci clear their throats, signalling to leave.

Do they not like Jim?

"Um... um... uh..." Jim tries to say while I stand there conflicted if I should leave or not.

"Come on, Y/n" Darci says with a sigh.

Claire, Mary and Darci stand up and start to leave while I stand there looking at Jim questionably.

"Um... uh..." Jim tries to say.

"Do you like Shakespeare?" I question, after remembering the play Claire told me about.

"What?" Jim questions.

"Do you like Shakespeare?" I repeat with a smile.

"Shake...speare?" Jim says slowly.

"The school play. Uh...Claire and me have a competition to see who plays Juliet and I remember her telling me that they are having trouble getting boys to audition so..." I say with a smile hoping he gets that I'm asking him to audition, but then again it's Jim and he seems to be the oblivious type.