Barbara Knows and A Talk With The Parents?

————<•>————

'We're larpers!'————<•>————

'We're larpers!'
————<•>————

"Whoo! C-minus!" Toby cheers as we ride our bikes to Jim's house, having just finished school.

"C-plus" Claire sighs in disappointment before looking towards me. "Y/n?"

"B-minus. My best score for Spanish so far" I laugh before looking to Jim curiously. "What did you get Jimbo?"

"D, and probably summer school" Jim sighs as I shake my head at the boy.

"This is why we should've actually studied last night instead of watching movies" I say to the boy with a pointed look as Jim laughs.

"Sorry that I want to watch movies with my girlfriend instead of studying" Jim says with a smirk as I roll my eyes.

"Well you must be regretting that decision now" I laugh.

After getting my powers back, I've felt so optimistic and happy. I study for tests, I clean my room, I smile at Senor Uhl, it's all a miracle really.

"It's fine guys, Senor Uhl said that next weeks Spanish final counts for twenty percent of our grade, if you ace that you'll be fine" Claire explains as we stop our bikes infront of Jim's house, taking our helmets off before making our way to the door.

"Yeah Jimbo, twenty percent is the difference between life and death" Toby jokes. "I mean, academically speaking"

"Yeah, let's bring our books to training" Jim says as he opens the door to his house. "Cramming couldn't hurt"

"That isn't what you were saying last night" I shrug with a smirk as Jim rolls his eyes once again.

A confused expression suddenly appears on Jim's face as he catches sight of Barbara's handbag hanging on the stairs.

Barbara is never home this early.

"Mum?" Jim calls out. "Are you home?"

"In here kids" Barbara calls out as we follow the sound of her voice towards the living room, but stop short at the sight infront of us.

"M-mum?" I stumble out with wide eyes as I see her, along with Claire's parents and Toby's grandma, all sitting on the couch eating cookies.

"Y/n" My mum nods to me with a blank expression on her face.

"Oh, hello" Toby's grandma waves with a sweet smile as we all nervously wave at her.