Birthdays and Glowing eyes?

————<•>————

"That may be the nicest thing you have ever said to me"————<•>————

————<•>————

I groaned as my alarm went off, indicating the start of another day (how great for me).

I quickly shoot up out of my bed when I realise it's Jim's birthday. Sure, me and Claire may be upset with him right now, but that doesn't mean I'm not getting him a present.

I'm to that cruel.

I quickly walk over to the present I have on my desk. It's only a small thing I found, and I hope he doesn't mind that.

I put the present in my bag and quickly get ready before walking downstairs, only to be surprised to see my mother sitting at the kitchen table—like she hasn't been gone for over a week.

"Mum?" I question in a confused tone as I see her.

"Oh, there you are! I thought I would surprise you! Surprise!" She says while waving her arms around before quickly walking over to the stove where's she's making...wait are those F/f?

"I made F/f for you since I know you love them. I'm sorry for being gone for so long sweetie, I hope you were fine and didn't cause any trouble for Claire's family" My mother says, making me straighten up while thinking of everything we did.

Snuck out to a concert, food fight in the kitchen, adopted a fish that died a few days after we got it, kicked a football into a window, and made a ten tier cake that ended up falling over.

"No, I was an angel like always" I say smiling sweetly, clearly not convincing my mother.

"Yes I'm sure you were" My mother says with a roll of her eyes.

"It's uh, nice to have you home" I mumble to her, making a smile appear on her face.

"It's good to be home" She says as she wraps an arm around my shoulder.

Mum ended up driving me to school, us picking Claire up on the way because I forgot to message her that I wasn't riding my bike to school.

Me and Claire walk into school together with linked arms as usual.

"So...how are your parents?" I ask tentatively as her eye seems to twitch with the word parents.

"Horrible! I'm surprised they even let me come to school!" Claire huffs as we walk to our lockers.

"I would say you could come to my house, but I'm sure they're upset with me as well" I say as I get my books out.

"They're not. They don't blame you at all! They think your this perfect angel who is an amazing influence on me! To them you can do no wrong! It's almost like they like you more than me!" Claire exclaims and starts huffing and puffing from not taking a breather between her words.