Play rehearsals and Comforting?

————<•>————

"why don't you shut up before i stab this pen I'm holding in your eye"————<•>————

————<•>————

We all sat tensely in Spanish class—watching Mary attempt to do her Spanish assignment at the front of the class.

"Little did anyone know, Maria was juggling two hombres. Manolo was muy guapo, but Joaquin had muchos musculos." Mary reads slowly.

I watch as Steve glanced at Jim with a grin and began to write. He chuckled, catching Jim's attention as he held up a stick figure drawing that was crying with x eyes and a cast.

Steve just cant help himself.

"You broke my tooth. I'm going to break your life. When I'm through with you, you're going to wish you were dead. " Steve whispers threateningly at Jim, although it wasn't very treatening because his mouth whistled every-time he spoke due to the missing tooth.

I roll my eyes.

"Steve, why don't you shut up before I stab this pen I'm holding in your eye" I whisper threateningly while waving my pen dangerously in front of his face, making him quickly mumble a sorry and look at the front of the class.

"Thanks" Jim whispers to me with a smile.

"No problem" I whisper back with a wink before facing the front of the class again.

"And poor Maria had a pedoso heart" Mary stutters out.

Suddenly, Uhl's chalk stopped, the screech scaring Mary as Uhl speaks.

"What kind of heart did Maria have, Miss Wang?" Senior Uhl asks slowly.

"Uh, a heavy heart. "Pe-do-so." Or is it-" Mary stutters.

"I would hope Maria wouldn't have a pedoso heart, because that would mean gassy. Did Maria have a gassy heart, Miss Wang?" Senior Uhl asks, quite rudely may I add.

"Of course not, Senor Uhl!" Mary exclaims attempting to keep her tears at bay.

"Uh-buh-bum! You were trying to say pesado. A heavy heart. And it is with a heavy heart, Miss Wang, to tell you you have not shown the slightest comprehension of basic Spanish. If you can't even finish the exam, I have no choice but to fail you." Senior Uhl says to Mary with a glare.

Mary started tearing up. Señor Uhl handed her a tissue which Mary took and ran from the classroom, crying. The bell rang as the students left the room.