Sad Goodbyes and Leaving Arcadia?

————<•>————

'We'll see eachother again'————<•>————

————<•>————

I help Jim stand with one of his arms wrapped around my shoulders, Toby quickly rushing over and wrapping his other arm around his.

"You, okay?" I ask Jim as he grunts.

"All good." He says, forcing a smile at me.

I smile in amusement at him attempting to perceive himself as fine, but decide to focus on Merlin who starts to float closer and closer towards us.

"You have made me proud, Champion." Merlin tells Jim, and it actually sounds genuine.

I watch as he floats to the ground, his armour clanking as his staff glows a bright green.

"I am forever, in your service." Merlin says softly while lowering his head in respect to Jim.

Toby and I help Jim stand taller, Jim slightly grunting in pain but he manages a smile towards Merlin.

"The Eternal night...is finally over." Blinky says quietly, sounding like he's on the verge of tears.

"Heartstone, gone." Aaarrrgghh grunts sadly as the two trolls stand near the edge of the bridge.

"In Deya's name." Blinky mutters to the sky.

Jim watches them sadly before carefully stepping forward, giving me a reassuring look as he notices my worried expression. I begrudgingly let him go as he carefully limps towards Blinky and Aaarrrgghh before laying his hands on their shoulders.

"Then we'll need to find a new Heartstone...out there." Jim reassured the two trolls as they look out across the water.

"I've heard tell of a Heartstone...in a place called New Jersey." Merlin tells the trolls with wonder laced in his voice.

"Of course it's New Jersey." I mutter to Toby and Claire, the three of us sharing amused looks.

"We'll make preparations and gather what we can from Trollmarket." Blinky nods.

Jim nods as he looks to the ground for a moment, before his eyes catch mine. He looks almost sad.

"We'll leave at nightfall." Jim says with a small frown, and I can't help but catch the double meaning in his words.

We? As in Jim's leaving as well?

————<•>————