The Onyx Shard and Reunions In Sad Times?

————꧁꧂————

'Do you really believe that, or are you convincing yourself to believe it?'————꧁꧂————

————꧁꧂————

"Are you sure you don't want to come, my dear. You might like the change of scenery." Merlin asks me as he stands in the archway of the dark lit room.

"No, no it's okay. I'll stay here and keep an eye on him." I insist, softly scooching my chair closer to the green crystalised rock.

"I'm afraid there's not much to keep an eye on, it's no use sitting here and waiting for nothing." Merlin tells me softly, a look of sadness displayed on his face as he looks to me.

I stay silent at that, but don't move from my chair—causing Merlin to let out a tired sigh.

"I'll be back, and hopefully with the backup Douxie promised." Merlin tells me as he softly gives my head a pat before walking out.

I show no sign of hearing him, but Merlin knows I did. It's weird that I disliked him so much awhile ago and now he's become like a grandpa? I felt so much distaste for the man after what he did to Jim, but when Jim forgave him, I soon did too.

Jim.

So many mistakes were made since we last left Arcadia, but the most recent was the worst of them all.

The guilts been eating me up alive, and the only thing I've been able to bring myself to do is just stare at the green crystal that was currently keeping my boyfriend alive.

"Hey, up for a spar?" I hear a voice say behind me, disrupting my thoughts.

I turn to the voice and let a small smile appear at the sight of Claire.

She's changed a lot since we left. She's more sure of herself, more confident in her powers, and she dyed more of her fringe white.

Now our white strips aren't really twinning anymore, but it's okay. She originally wanted me to dye half my head white, but I quickly disagreed. I am perfectly happy with my little white strip.

Of course I've also changed a lot since we left. I trained with Merlin on my powers and became stronger with my abilities. I've now learnt how to create shields with my energy and learnt how to boost myself up in the air using my powers as boosters.

It's been pretty cool learning from Merlin.

I also like to think I've mellowed down in my recklessness. Claire and Jim always disagreed but when have I ever believed them?