An Endless Maze and Goblin Attack?

————<•>————

'I'll try not to be offended by that'————<•>————

————<•>————

Apparently the Darklands are more like a maze then an actual maze. I didn't realise this until we went past the same large skull for the third time.

"Oh we've been here before!" I curse as I kick the skull in annoyance.

"This is hopeless!" Toby agrees as he pants from all the running.

"Wait. I can hear him" Claire points out as I strain my ears and hear the faint yells from behind the skull.

"All I hear is faint yelling, that could be anyone" I exclaim as Claire and I put our ears to the large skull to try and listen for anything that could help.

"I used to love mazes. Not anymore" Toby groans as he leans his arm on the skull, the skull moving backwards a smidgen as the sound of gears reaches my ears.

"What did you just do?" I quickly ask as I look around with wide eyes.

"That wasn't me!" Toby exclaims.

Suddenly the skull flipped upwards as the three of us go falling down some chute as the skull closes behind us. I scream bloody murder as I slide down, yelling as the three of us seem to be a jumble of body parts.

I soon see a light coming up ahead as I brace myself for falling. We slide through and fall a metre or so before collapsing on the ground roughly. Toby's legs on top of my stomach as Claire and I seem to be in a tangled heap on the floor.

"Your friends. Your not crazy" I hear a voice say as I look up with a confused face.

"Pink gremlin?" I mumble in realisation before my gaze moves to a still intact Jim. "Jim!"

"Not just Jim!" Toby yells in fear as I look over to see an absolutely terrifying Gunmar sitting on what looks like his own thrown.

"Humans? Here? The bridge is open! Catch them!" Gunnar yells as I quickly pull myself up, grabbing Claire's hand and heaving her body up as well as we watch guards stalk towards us.

"This way" Nomura says as we all quickly follow after her, stopping as the exit seems to be locked.

"It's locked!" Toby yells as he barges his shoulder into the rock.

"You have to get us to the bridge!" Nomura yells as she holds out her two extremely cool swords.

"And let him follow us?" Toby yells.