Pretending To Be A Knight and The Hunt?

————꧁꧂————

'Oh please, like I'd trust any of you bozos to look out for Jim'————꧁꧂————

————꧁꧂————

"This is horrible!" I stress as I hide in the stables with Douxie and Claire.

Arthur has ordered for all the guards to go into the woods for a hunt. A hunt for trolls. He is determined to kill every last troll, including Jim.

"I know, I know." Douxie tries to say in a relaxing tone, but he honestly sounds just as stressed as I am.

"They're hunting all the trolls, Douxie, including Jim!" Claire stresses, a look of grief plastered on her face.

"If they catch him, he'll be killed! Beheaded! Burnt at the stake!" I whisper shout, knowing that guards are just out in the courtyard, suiting up for the hunt.

"I know, and he's not the only one. Because of us, Arthur's now fated to eat the big one too!" Douxie explains, just as Steve joins us in the stables.

"Eat the what? Oh, no. Was I supposed to bring food?" Steve asks confused, standing infront of us in his slightly dirty armour.

"It's British slang, Steve...I think." I mutter to myself.

I can never tell if Douxies weird words are just him, or his inner British boy.

"It means he'll be eating a death sandwich, Steve." Douxie explains in frustration.

"Ew, who would eat that? Gross." Steve gags causing Douxie to roll his eyes.

Me too, Douxie. Me too.

"Look." Douxie says, switching something on his magic bracelet to make a hologram appear of the future timeline—which is currently Arthur's dead body. "If Arthur dies, we lose the Battle of Killahead...and the war."

"Which will probably mess up time so much, you'll never be able to return home." Archie explains just as Douxie swipes through the future, causing an image of Toby to appear.

I watch with a fearful face as Toby slowly turns to dust in the hologram.

"Toby." I whisper sadly, the thought of the boy not even existing hurting me more than I thought it would.

"W-whats happening to him?" Claire asks frantically.

"The future-our future is vanishing." Douxie explains in rush as he swipes again on the hologram.