Battle Of The Bands and The Eternal Night?

————<•>————

'Holy shit, we're gonna die'————<•>————

————<•>————

By the time Claire, Toby and I make it to the battle of the bands, everyone in the crowd is cheering for Aja and Krel. I smile in amusement and make my way through the crowd, ignoring the stares from people as Claire, Toby and I came here in our armour.

I stand near the front and find myself next to Douxie. Douxie raises an eyebrow at my outfit, an amused expression appearing on his face.

"Nice costume" He mutters to me causing me to awkwardly shrug.

"Claire's idea" I lie smoothly.

Aja and Krel finish and Senor Uhl walks onto the stage with his microphone in hand.

"Good job, whatever that was" Senor Uhl mutters into the microphone. "And now, Mama Skull. Whatever that is"

Darci and Mary make their way onto the stage—Claire a bit behind them and fully decked in her bright purple armour. Mary and Darci share a wide eyed look at her outfit before looking to eachothers outfits.

Their eyes then roam the crowd where they find me, both of them giving me a questionable look at Claire and I's outfits.

"Were we supposed to make costumes?" Mary asks as she rushes to the edge of the stage to talk to me.

"Uhhh...." I stumble out, not knowing what to say, but Claire saves the day by clearing her throat into the microphone.

Now for everyone to think we're crazy.

Douxie—next to me—whistles and gives Claire an encouraging thumbs up as she smiles at him.

I raise an eyebrow at her flushed face. Then again, I'd probably look worse if I had to embarrass myself in-front of everyone like this.

Luckily, I don't have to.

"Um, hello. Can I have your attention?" Claire says into the microphone, gaining everyone's attention. "Look, I've got something to say about this town"

I cringe to myself but let her go on. It has to be done, and I'm just thankful I'm not the one on stage.

"Listen to me. Something dangerous is coming. Strange things happen in our town. We all know it" Claire says strongly into the microphone. "Pets go missing, people go missing. There's something alien amongst us. But we bury our heads in the sand and ignore it"