Mothers Business Lunch and How Many Jims?

————<•>————

'I like Spanish Jim

'I like Spanish Jim. He called me pretty'
————<•>————

"Just ask him!" Claire exclaims in annoyance.

"What if he's busy?" I ask worriedly.

"Trust me, he's not busy" Toby reassures.

Toby, Claire and I were walking through trollmarket as we were waiting for Jim to be finished with training. They were trying to convince me to invite Jim to my mums business lunch barbecue.

Every year my mum invited all her work buddy's to her business lunch and every year I'm sitting there alone, bored out of my mind. I was going to invite Claire this year but Claire's parents have their 'barbocoa' so she won't be able to make it. So, Claire and Toby have been convincing me to invite Jim.

When we realised the time, we quickly walked down to the hero forge where we saw a sore looking Jim walk out.

"Hey Jim! How was your training?" I ask as he looks up with a smile to see us.

"Oh, you know. Stone, magic, troll..." Jim goes on as I smile.

"That bad huh?" I ask as he shrugs his shoulders.

"Could've been better" He says as I laugh quietly.

My laughing stops as Claire obnoxiously coughs into her fist as I sigh to myself before looking to a confused Jim with a nervous smile.

"So...are you busy later today?" I ask as Jim seems to think before shaking his head.

"I don't think so" Jim comments confused.

"Great! I mean...my mum hosts this business lunch barbecue every year with her business friends and well....I thought you'd want to come?" I ask as Jim smiles at me.

"Really? I'd love too" He says happily as I sigh in relief.

"Yeah, I mean...you don't have to! It's just super boring and Claire's busy with her parents teacher union and I thought maybe you'd want to come...if you want" I quickly add as I awkwardly smile at him.

"I said I'd love too" Jim assures as he places his hands on my shoulders.

"Perfect! It's at around lunch so get there at 12:30pm! Don't be late or my mum will hate you!" I quickly kiss his cheek before grabbing Claire's arm and dragging her away as I wave goodbye to the boys.