Ripping Serpents in Half and a Long Awaited Kiss?

————<•>————

'I didn't realise there was a moment'————<•>————

————<•>————

We all let out cheers for Aaarrrgghh but Blinky had to ruin the moment by reminding us that we were still in the Darklands and needed to leave.

I grabbed Jim's hand and pulled him up the rock, Aaarrrgghh picking up Toby as he climbs up behind us.

We continue climbing up the small rock stairs before we come to a stop at a large mountain...a mountain that we needed to be on-top of.

"I could levitate-" I start to say before Jim cuts me off with an immediate 'no!'.

I decided not to argue since I was still exhausted from trying to hold back Gunmar, my powers still weak after not using them for so long.

We all instead decided to climb up instead. Jim (having the hero complex that he has) decided to have Nomura on his back as he climbed. No one put up a fight as Aaarrrgghh had Toby and Claire on his back, I had Chompsky sitting on my shoulder and Blinky does not have the upper body strength to hold anyone (no offence to him).

The climb reminded me of rock climbing...and I hated rock climbing. The constant anxiety of not grabbing a big enough rock to hold onto, your foot sipping on corners and the urge to look down to your inevitable doom.

It wasn't until I couldn't fight the urge much longer did I look down, only the hard surface of the floor wasn't the only thing below us. A huge army of Gunmars guards stood below us, armoured up and ready to fight as I let out a loud groan of displeasure.

"Guys! We might need to hurry up with the climbing!" I yell as I continue to grab random rocks and pull myself higher up, the nervous chitters of Chompsky echoing in my ear as I push back the urge to snap at the gnome.

Aaarrrgghh reached the top first (no surprise there) as Toby and Claire quickly jump of his back, both walking to the edge as they quickly help me up as I slump on the floor exhausted, Chompsky quickly jumping off my shoulder (I'll try not to be offended by that).

I look down and realise only Jim is left as he seems to be struggling to lift Nomura. It wasn't until Nomura suddenly fell of his back did I yell out and quickly hold her up with my powers, the weight causing me to grimace as I try to keep her up in the air.

I let out a yell as I feel my powers slowly giving out, Claire makes sure to keep a hand on my shoulder so I don't go tumbling off the edge.

"There's no time for this! We got to keep moving!" Toby yells down as Jim is hesitant to continue climbing, clearly noticing that I will not be able to levitate Nomura up the rest of the way as I struggle to keep her in place.