A New Town and a Dorky Kid?

————<•>————

"Great! Great that's great"————<•>————

————<•>————

Change means to alter or modify something to make it different. I like change, I always felt like change was better. My dad left and things got better for me and my mum, I changed my style of clothes and I started to feel more comfortable with myself, I redecorated my room 5 times and now I finally love it. But moving to a whole new town was a bit too much change for my liking.

Of course I could never blame my mum for this, she's always trying to make things better for me and supporting me through everything, so being the amazing daughter I am, I faked a smile and said I was happy to move to Arcadia Oaks (of course this was all lies but she doesn't have to know that).

So here I am, sitting in the backseat of the car doing what I do best, annoying people.

"Are we there yet?" I ask

"No" My mother replies.

"Are we there yet?"

"No"

"Are we there yet?"

"Yes" Mum says excitedly.

"Really?" I say as I immediately straighten up.

"No" My mother says in a monotone voice.

"Ugh" I groan as I slump back down in the car and re attach my earphones to my ears, blasting Nirvana.

This conversation has been going on and on for about 4 hours.

I sigh as I look out the window and see a sign saying 'Welcome to Arcadia' and I have never been more relieved in my life.

I've never been a patient person, so you can imagine how annoying a long car ride would be.

Mum pulls the car into the driveway of our new house and I'm honestly impressed.