Family Heirlooms and Theatre Plays?

————<•>————

"Booking you a therapy session, you seriously need some mental help"————<•>————

————<•>————

"Mum! I'm home!" I yell as I walk through the door, making sure to wave at Claire's parents as a thanks for dropping me off.

"In here sweetie" She replies from the living room.

I walk into the living room and see my mum sitting there with a tense look on her face and a brown carved box sitting on her lap.

I slowly walk over and sit on the couch in front oh her—watching as she slowly places the box on the table in front of us.

"This is for you" She says softly and delicately traces her finger over the box.

"Oh...thanks mum. I, uh always wanted a box?" I stumble out because I am honestly just confused.

She never gives me gifts.

"It's not the box itself...it's what's in the box that matters" She says and I slowly raise an eyebrow at her cryptic words.

"How poetic" I say with an awkward smile as I start tapping my leg up and down.

"Open it" She says softly.

I slowly reach for the box and open it. Inside reveals a beautiful moon charm bracelet sitting in the box. I slowly reach for the bracelet and place it delicately on my wrist.

"This bracelet has been in our family for generations" She says in a shaky voice "It was meant for someone...different"

"I'm hoping that's a good different" I nervously laugh.

"Have you ever heard of the sorceress Amora" She says softly.

"Oh yeah! We learnt about her in history once, she's part of Norse Mythology right?" I say happily.

"Yes...uh well she was said to have had a child...and that child had a child and so on" She says while looking at her hands.

"Yeah, my history teacher in our other town was really into that stuff. She always researched on Norse mythology and was really interested in finding out who the descendent of Amora is" I say with a small laugh that quickly disappears when I see my mums expression.

"I'm not very good at explaining things, but uh...you are the descendant" My mum says hesitantly and then starts doing jazz hands weirdly.