A Task From Merlin and Foreign Exchange Students?

————<•>————

'It's just nice to know my birthday gift to you didnt go to waste'————<•>————

————<•>————

I lean against Jim's kitchen counter with a raised eyebrow and my arms crossed, watching as Merlin seems to be closing and opening the fridge door over and over.

I look over to Jim who's cooking us food, both of us sharing amused looks as we watch the man play with the fridge like every kid did at five years old.

"Mm, fascinating" Merlin mumbles as he continues to open and close the door. "But how do you know the light goes out when you close the door?"

"If you peak it open the tiniest bit, you can see the light is off" I tell the man as his eyes widen, immediately peeking the door open a smidge.

"Interesting" Merlin mumbles in wonder.

"I never expected Merlin to be in my house" Barbara says in amazement as she stares at the man.

"You've had trolls, goblins and changelings here" Claire reminds as her and Toby start setting up the table. "Why not a wizard?"

I smile as I grab the plates from Barbara and hold them out for Jim as he starts to place the crepes on them. I then look to his apron and let a fond smile appear on my face as I start to stare at Jim with a giddy look.

Jim continues to place the crepes on the plates before he looks up to me, a confused look on his face as he notices my stare.

"What's that look for?" Jim mumbles to me as I start to hand Barbara the plates with crepes on them.

"Look? What look?" I mumble with the same giddy smile still on my face.

"That happy look" Jim mumbles as he pokes my cheek making me chuckle lightly.

"It's just nice to know my birthday gift to you didnt go to waste" I say with a shrug.

Jim pauses as he looks down to his apron, a flush appearing on his face.

"I actually wear it all the time" Jim shrugs sheepishly as he quickly looks away and back to the crepes.

"Kiss the chef" I read on the apron before shrugging. "Well, I have to do what it says, don't I?"

I grab Jim's chin and turn his face to me, placing a soft kiss on his lips before pulling away with a cheeky smile, giggling at Jim's bewildered face.