Costumes and Glittery Moles?

————<•>————

"Stapler-man could be cool, you staple anyones mouth shut who talks bad about you"———<•>————

———<•>————

The next day at school was the first trial for Spring Fling King and Queen. The nominees had to dress up with a theme and attempt to wow the teachers.

"Y/n! What do you think?" Mary yells out to me as her and Darci start posing in their outfits.

"Amazing! You guys look great!" I say with a smile making them squeal excitedly.

"Oh this is so exciting! I've never done this before! What if I mess it up? What if they laugh at me?" Mary asks with a horror stricken face.

"No one will laugh at you, and if they do, they'll be getting a soccer punch to the face" I say reassuringly, as I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Thanks, Y/n/n" Mary says with a wide smile, making me smile back before my eyes find Jim and Toby.

"I'll be right back" I say, before running after the two boys.

"Tobes, look, I'd love to be Spring King. Who wouldn't? But I'm just a little preoccupied right now with not getting killed." I hear Jim say to Toby.

"There are fates worse than death, Jimbo." Toby says before yelping as he walks off the bleacher.

I quickly step forward and grab the back of his shirt—lifting him back up as the boy sighs in relief

"Y/n! You saved me!" Toby exclaims before crushing me in a hug.

"You're. Welcome. Now. Let go!" I manage to stumble out as I struggle to breathe.

"Oh. Sorry!" Toby says with an awkward smile.

He then looks back to Jim and continues his weird conversation with him about popularity.

"This is our chance to get the school to finally recognize how cool we are!" Toby says to Jim making me raise an eyebrow at them.

"We?" Jim asks.

"If you become Spring King, it'll open up a whole new bracket of women. I'm talking cheerleaders, senior cheerleaders-" Toby starts before I cut him off by whacking him on the head.

"Toby!" I yell, making him mumble an apology before his eyes widen.

"Dare I dream? Community college dropouts." Toby gasps as me and Jim roll our eyes.