Memories From The Past and Bular The Butcher?

————꧁꧂————

'You alright, blondie?'————꧁꧂————

————꧁꧂————

It seemed like reforming Morgana and King Arthur's close relationship was going to be harder than I thought. There was some bad blood there, and if I could just figure out what happened, then maybe I could help fix it.

I sigh before awkwardly fixing my helmet on my head, looking around the woods and pretending like I know what I'm doing.

How am I supposed to know how knights act? I'm not a knight!

My eyes glance around at my surroundings before they focus on a tree. It was a beautiful tree. Larger than all of the others in the forest, and completely covered in moss near the bottom. My eyes then notice carvings done near the lower trunk, in the only section not covered by moss but instead covered by a particularly large leaf.

I walk over and push the leaf aside. At first I feel annoyed that someone would carve into a perfectly natural and old tree, but that annoyance vanishes when I notice it's a heart with names carved into it.

I smile softly as I graze my fingers across the words Arthur + Gwen, with a small section below it with the name Morgana carved into it.

They were all friends, close friends from the looks of this. Although Morgana seemed to be the unfortunate third wheel, but I don't think she ever saw it that way.

I quickly look away and search my eyes through the many people in the woods, until I smile when my eyes land on Douxie.

"Douxie!" I hiss quietly, before sighing when I realise he won't be able to hear me.

I quickly walk away from the tree and rush over to Douxie—grabbing his arm when I get close enough, ignoring his yell of fright, before dragging him back over towards the three.

"Blimey, don't sneak up on me like that." Douxie mutters as he lets me drag him towards the tree.

"Sorry, but you have to see this." I say sheepishly before pushing aside the leaf once more and showing him the carvings in the tree.

"Woah." Douxie mutters while I nod my head.

"Yeah, it seemed like they were all close friends. Shame we can't help them remember that..." I mutter with a small frown.

"Maybe we can..." Douxie mutters before pressing his hand against the carvings.

I watch with wide eyes as he uses his magic to make the carvings glow blue, before he turns to King Arthur who happened to be nearby.